Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster fiber upgraded but no internet ever since

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi upgraded to faster fiber from broadband. My go live date was 29th Jan but ever since I've had no internet connection. I'm using a hg 523a router which I was told was compatible with fiber but in the router settings I get the message no sync and your router isn't connected to the service. What's happening? Is my router too old to handle fiber? I work from home so I need the internet

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi nolimitzz,

I'm sorry, that router isn't compatible with fibre. I've ordered you a router that is, it should be with you within a couple of days, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Hi thanks I had pointed this out to talktalk many times before my live date but they kept saying it was compatible. Until I receive the new router will it be ok to use a friend's spare one
Highlighted

I'm sorry that you were given incorrect information about the router - Yes it's fine to use your friends old router in the meantime 🙂

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Thanks I have one more question I upgraded to faster fiber for £21.95 which went live yesterday but talktalk are now offering super fast fiber with speeds of over 60mb at the same price if £21.95 fixed for 24 months .... Can I upgrade to that free ? Is my line capable of that speed?
Highlighted

Hi nolimitzz,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If there is now a different deal then it may be worth speaking directly to our Loyalty Team as they will be able to provide further information on this and confirm if this is available to you.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Chris I received an email saying the order for a router has been cancelled? I thought I was getting one as I have the hg523a and was wrongly told it would work with fibre
Highlighted

Hi nolimitzz,

It appears that the order I placed has been cancelled because there's another router order in progress. Have you received the router since your last post?

Chris

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

hi yes a router/hub was delivered saturday. Thanks yet to install it but will do that today

Highlighted

Hi

Thanks for confirming the router has arrived.  Please let us know how things are looking when the router is in place.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Hi I'm getting a speed of around 21mb upload 9mb which is ok I guess

I have a question is super fast fibre available for my line? I'm getting conflicting answers as on the phone they say yes but online chat say it's not available for my house. Plz clarify?
Highlighted

Hi

I'm showing in our network system that fibre is available to you with an estimated speed of 32mb - 51mb.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi plz can admin check this out for me

I rang up loyalty to be put onto the superfast fiber with free anytime calls fixed for 18 months @ £21.95 the guy was making changes and then the phone but off
.I re rang and some woman goes yes it's been noted down and will take 3 working days as an engineer will change cables???

Yet the guy I spoke to said it will be within 24 hours with no mention of cables changes ect

Plz can you check what they've put me on as I don't want to be paying more than the agreed £21.95 the lady even went on to say if get 250 mb speed?? Which is a lie and I assume she didn't know what she was on about

Plz check what package I'm on

Update I rang again and they now tell me superfast fiber is not available for my address even though an OCE told me it is?

Highlighted

Hi @nolimitzz

Your package is 

Faster Fibre (upto 40mbps) £21.95 for 18 months

Free unlimited calls for 18 months

No engineer is required as far as I can see, I suspect the agent was getting confused with the G.fast product (upto 150mbps) which is not available to you. 

Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Plz look into my connection I think the agent has tried altering my settings. I have no internet at all. On the router only the power light is solid all the other lights are off with the occasional flash of red. My router wil be left on but there is no connection. Then at once all the router lights turn red and reset.... Plz reset my fibre connection I think they messed with my settings

Apart from the power light all lights are off, and then the power light turns red , I don't have another router to test as this is less than a week old but maybe faulty? Plz check my fibre line to see if it's active I have the feeling the agent messed with my connection earlier when trying to make changes unless this router is faulty. Since yesterday I've had no net, the router name doesn't even show up either in the list

Now the power light is red too I've reset unplugged checked all wires. Either this router is faulty or my fibre connection has been turned off as I have no internet broadband or ADSL light. Plz can you send an alternative router and check my fibre settings to make sure it's correct

Highlighted

Hi nolimitzz

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test is not detecting any issues but it does show that the router is not in sync.

Can I just check if you have tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi I've done all that, no lights on the router, the power light alters between green and red, all the other lights flash on for a second and then turn off. I've reset the hub changed cables, checked everything.
This is frustrating as I only moved to fibre a week ago and already I've had 4 days this week where the net has been off. The router name don't show up in WiFi on my phone either. Prior to that I kept getting periods where this router would disconnect randomly this was start of the week. Now I'm left with what seems like a dead hub I don't have an alternative but from Google I think this hub is faulty. Plz can u arrange an alternative hub to use this one is powered on but dead

The phone line is perfect no noise and the router is connected to the master socket. The internet broadband and WiFi lights are off and the power light alternates between red and green and keeps resetting

Highlighted

Hi nolimitzz

Thanks for your reply.

I've ordered a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

pls can you confirm it will be a hub router, also can you also confirm fibre is active on my line as yesterday the agent said he is making changes to my settings

ive been trying to upgrade to the super fast fibre package an OCR on here told me its available for my address ( speeds of upto 67meg) but however when i ringup they tell me only faster fibre is avauilable to me ( 2 agents said its available 2 said its not) [plz which one is correct? currently im on fastwer fibre averaging 20meg even though i should be getting around 30 ?

thanks

Highlighted

Hi nolimitzz

This is a fibre connection and I have sent a WiFi Hub for testing.

Please let us know once the replacement router is connected and we can check the connection stats again.

Thanks

Debbie