cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster fibre and new super router

25 REPLIES 25
Participant

Evening guys , wondering if anyone else has had the issue with the above equipment and services , intermittently I cannot load webpages , of any kind and need to close and try again or refresh a few times.  I have tried all the usual stuff from cache clears to using different browsers/devices and have been a broadband engineer for openreach for a number of years and I know my line / setup is fine.  

I suspect it's a router issue but cannot get TT to listen 

Kevin Crawford
Highlighted
Community Star

Which make/model of router are you using? The online support team will gladly look into this for you, make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then give them a day or two to respond.

Highlighted
Participant
Sagemcom I believe , it's the new one with loads of holes , just been speaking with online team and fair to say I haven't been impressed , same questions , not listening to answers I'm giving. Almost a scripted not if you ask me
Kevin Crawford
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Kevcrawf1211,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated our profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Done
Kevin Crawford
Highlighted

Hi Kevcrawf1211,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats look fine. We did raise an issue for the slow web pages with the wifi hub over to our Products Team for investigation, however we've not been able to replicate this ourselves.

Do you have an alternative router that you could test with to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
I don't have any other routers to compare with , it's very intermittent and often I cannot replicate myself , but then I'll get a spate of not being able to load majority of websites.
Kevin Crawford
Highlighted

Hi Kevcrawf1211,

Ok, would you like us to send a HG633 router for testing purposes to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Yes that would be good thank you
Kevin Crawford
Highlighted

Hi Kevcrawf1211

The HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Connection is better  , gone back to "super router" but getting DNS issues multiple times a day across all devices , tried Google DNS settings and still the same so pretty sure router is at fault 

Kevin Crawford
Highlighted

Hi Kevcrawf1211,

Just to confirm, is this the replacement router which is currently connected?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

No I have reconnected the super router as the wireless on the other is poor 

Kevin Crawford
Highlighted

Hi Kevcrawf1211,

Ok thanks for confirming. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see a few re-connections on the line. Is this currently the 3782 router? 

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

No this is back on the super router , the disconnection will be when the DNS fails and I have to reboot router , would it be possible to get new super router sent out ? 

Kevin Crawford
Highlighted

Hi Kevcrawf1211,

Ok, would you prefer the 3782 or the HG633 router?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Whatever the newer one is with the copper colour dots all over the front ..  is it the WiFi Hub , not the plain black ones 

Kevin Crawford
Highlighted

Hi Kevcrawf1211

We can send either the HG633 or DSL3782 router for testing via the Community.

If you contact our Customer Service Team then they can discuss sending a Wifi Hub.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

I have already had an older hub sent out for testing and can confirm my WiFi Hub has DNS issues 

Kevin Crawford
Highlighted

Hi Kevcrawf1211

Which older router did you have?

Debbie