Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster fibre boost

3 REPLIES 3
Mark Smith
First Timer

On Oct 8th renewed my contact and added faster fibre boost . Received confirmation email.24 hrs later switched off router for 30 mins no increase in speed. Have tried several times since still no improvement in the speed. Carried out talk talk line tests the results say everything is ok. Have a Huawei HG635. Also specifically requested a transcript of the chat of my contact renewal which I have not received. Have tried suggestions on the forum. Help would be appreciated.

OCE_Chris
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Mark,

I've checked your connections stats and your router is currently in sync at 61.9Mbps so the speed boost is certainly active. Are you run the speed tests on a device connected to your router by Ethernet cable or wi-fi?

Chris

Mark Smith
First Timer

Hi Chris

Have retested again this morning and results were download 27.8 upload 19. The talk talk test 

state's that speed to my router could be improved. Line speed set 68 - 80, actual 44.

I was plugged into the master socket and used an Ethernet cable to my laptop. Also used talk talk speed test.Any advice would be appreciated.

Mark

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Mark

Apologies for the delay.

Please can you try the 30 minute power down of the router again one more time, then connect a wired device and run a speed test whilst no other devices are in use or connected?

Thanks

Debbie