Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster fibre interleaving and errors

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

For the last few months my interleaving has increased as has the error rate mainly on the upstream.

Before I came to talk talk I was almost always on fast path with BT etc, but I suppose with Talktalk selecting a more stable setting I can expect some interleaving.

My max attainable sync usually stays around 90mbits/s downstream and 25-30 upstream but with Talktalk's error correction and interleaving my connection is usually in the high 60 to 70mbit/s.

I have tried changing routers a couple of times but to no effect.

Interleaving of 298 and RSCorrectable errors on the upstream from 5 to 300% is new.

Downstream interleaving is 1277 and even when my connection has been up for over a month without a disconnection it has stuck here.

The Downstream RSCorr is fine at well below 1% - 0.0278% just now.

The upstream correction and interleaving are what's really troubling and yes I use gigabit Lan cables for all testing and monitoring.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Murph_2 too advanced a question for me to answer so your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during tomorrow.

Good luck. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Murph_2,

We have no control over the profile set by BT dlm system. Are you experiencing any problems with your service?

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Yes, slow downs and periods of no activity which I take it are due to the huge number of retransmissions on the upstream path.  As I say I never had interleaving on the upstream path until fairly recently (probably in over 6 years at least) and now the RSCorr/RS error rate sometimes shoots up to a few hundred percent instead of the sub 1% I'd  expect.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Murph_2

Apologies for this.

We are unable to change the profile, this is set/changed by Openreach's DLM.

Please can you run a speed test when you experience this issue using a wired connection (and with no other devices in use) so we can see the results?

Thanks

Debbie