would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster fibre is slower than a snail

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
PaulDaviesWales
Team Player

I've renewed my contract in November and upgraded with faster fibre with speed boost. Since day one I've had nothing but trouble and the issue still isn't sorted. The second hand last generation router you sent out to test my line is useless. I'm paying for 64Mbs and you guarrenteed me 54Mbs. I get no more than 20Mbs on a good day

I really want to cancel my contract as you've done nothing to resve this except ask me to reset my router a million times. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi PaulDaviesWales

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Is your router connected at the test socket? Which router are you using? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
PaulDaviesWales
Team Player

Connected at master socket, no extension lead. Router is a D link 37 82. This problem has been present since I took another contract with you in November. I will post pics of the speeds, one is wireless one is wired

No other devices are connected and router was hard reset today  

Highlighted
PaulDaviesWales
Team Player

WiredWired

WirelessWireless

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi PaulDaviesWales

Do you have a test socket?

I can send a replacement HG633 router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
PaulDaviesWales
Team Player
We have a socket with the built in filter. It was installed 18 months ago by open reach. Isn't the hg633 the old router that's prone to slow speeds? The threads here seem to be full of people having issues with that router. I will try it if you think it will be better thought. Thanks.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi PaulDaviesWales,

Just to confirm, does the master socket look like this? Up until recently I had been using the HG633 for a few years and I didn't experience any stability or speed issues.

Your guide to master sockets

Thanks

Highlighted
PaulDaviesWales
Team Player

May be you was one of the lucky ones. Just reading through this community shows how many ppl on fibre have problems with that old router. Yes I have a pre filtered master socket  like this one in the photo. I was originally promised the latest router but unfortunately talk talk didn't keep there word on this. They sent me a used d link that I know is faulty as when used in my brothers his max download went from 59Mbps to 21Mbps over a 24hr period, it even had a different password connected to it. I've been trying to get talk talk to fix this since last Oct and they still haven't. You can't say I've not given them enough time. I'm wondering if taking legal action via my solicitor is the best next step for me

IVE been waiting for a complaints manager to phone me since November! 

VDSLMK4NTE5CMK2FRONT2018.JPG.jpg

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi PaulDaviesWales,

We're going to need to try another router, I'd suggest the HG633 as OCE_Michelle has suggested, many customers are using it without any problems, just because some customers have reported issues with it doesn't mean you will. 

Chris

Highlighted
PaulDaviesWales
Team Player

You do realise I'm the customer here "chris" you are coming across as you have a bad attitude. I will keep dealing with the previous person thank you. I don't be spoken to in a demeaning way by a talk talk advisor. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi PaulDaviesWales,

I'm really sorry that you've interpreted my comments that way, I've reread it and I honestly can't see why you would accuse me of having a bad attitude. We can send you another 3782 if you prefer?

Chris