cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster fibre slow only 2mb

25 REPLIES 25
Popular Poster

Been with talktalk for several years never had a problem. Till this last few months the speed as dropped off. My minimum speed guaranteed is 21mb only been getting 2mb. Tried the chat line twice
on for over an hour both times. They would not believe me when I said I never switch the router off. I did once for the 20 minute test made no difference. The second time had me checking connection which I did.

My service centre says

Your Usage

Line length limits your speed. It may become an issue if your usage of 177 Gb increases

Your Line Speed

Est. speed: 26 Mb - 40 Mb
Measured speed today: 2 Mb

alan73
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Alan

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and the line is in sync at 18mb

Is your router connected at the test socket? I can see some re connections on the line, is the connection dropping or has the router been rebooted?

Thanks

Debbie

Popular Poster

I have only switch the router off once for 20 mins. I don't have a test socket that I can see on  t he box

Thanks for your reply 

alan73
Popular Poster

The connection dose not  dropped just stays slow

alan73

Hi alan,

Can I just confirm, does your master socket look like the below?

Your guide to main phone sockets

Thanks

Popular Poster

NTE 5

alan73

Hi alan,

Thanks for confirming. This socket should have a test socket below the lower part of the faceplate. Would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router at the test socket for 48hrs so we can see how the speed and connection stats compare?

Thanks

Popular Poster

Ok just done that thanks

alan73

Hi Alan

Thanks for doing that. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to have been any speed increase. How is your telephone service, can you hear any noise on the line?

Chris

Popular Poster

no the phone is fine

alan73
Popular Poster

I have had this problem for several months. Been with Talktalk since they took over aol and never had  any problems. There is no point in paying for faster fibre if I am no longer getting it. It needs someone coming out to fix it or talktalk cancelling the rest of my contract. So can get another internet supplier.I prefer to stay with Talktalk will move if i have too

alan73

Hi alan,

Thanks for confirming. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with? Have you recently tested with a different router at all?

Thanks

Popular Poster

I don't have another router the one I am using is from talktalk about 12 month old

thanks for replying

alan73

Hi alan,

Ok thanks for confirming, would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Popular Poster
yes will try that
alan73

Hi Alan

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Popular Poster

Thanks for that will let you know if it is better

alan

alan73
Popular Poster

Got the new router the speed as gone up from 2mb to 10 mb so a move in the right direction. Talktalk have found a fault on the line as well and are fixing it in the next couple of days

Thanks alan

alan73

Hi Alan

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie