Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster fibre slow speeds

10 REPLIES 10
sam022
Chatterbox

I don't think I've ever had particularly fast speeds but just thought it was down to the deal I was on. Based on this I upgraded to Fibre 150 today but have since been poking around and found my current speed is well below guaranteed (~21Mb). 

How will this effect the speed I get on the new deal? Is 20MB all I can expect from the current line? Also the go live date isn't until April, is this correct that I need an engineer visit to change to this deal?

Thanks,

Sam

ferguson
Community Star

What type of Faster 150, FTTC, or Future Fibre? Either way yes, an engineer visit is required to install a modem and a bit more in the case of full fibre. 

sam022
Chatterbox
Thanks, it's FTTC.
ferguson
Community Star

OK, thanks for that. The only thing that puzzles me here is that product is only available to those who already have top of the range FTTC speeds available unlike the ones you mention. Wait and see what the support team have to say when they pick this up in the next day or two. 

OCE_Chris
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Sam,

Line test is picking up a potential problem. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, do you have a dial tone? Is there any noise on the line?

(I've also sent you a PM)

Chris

sam022
Chatterbox
Hi Chris,

We never use the landline but I've just plugged a phone in to check and there's no dial tone.

Sam
OCE_Chris

Hi Sam,

Line test is showing a fault so I've raised this as a non-appointed task to Openreach. Openreach will investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact you directly. If you don't hear anything before Tuesday please let us know and we'll check for updates 

Chris

sam022
Chatterbox
Hi Chris,

I recieved an email on the 12/02 saying an engineer has resolved my service issue. I've checked every day since and no change in speed, in fact today was showing even slower than usual. Can you confirm if there are any faults still outstanding on my line please?

Thanks,
Sam
OCE_Michelle

Hi sam,

I'm really sorry for the delay. Is your router currently switched off?

Thanks

sam022
Chatterbox
Hi Michelle,

It shouldn't be. I'm at work so cannot confirm though sorry.

Thanks
OCE_Chris

Hi sam022,

I can see that this has been logged out to Openreach again, if you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates 

Chris