Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster fibre speed

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff
Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hello Chris have you received any updates please. Did a speedtest not long ago and was running at 8.2 Mbps,so basically half of what we are guaranteed

Patrick
Baker boy
Highlighted

Hi Patrick

Apologies for the delay.

I have requested an update on this fault from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Patrick

Our Network Team can see that this is a repeat fault and that numerous engineers have investigated this fault.

The line test is still detecting a possible issue so this would require another engineer visit, apologies for this. Please can you provide availability for this visit AM and PM?

Our Network Team have also sent you a Wifi Hub to see how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hello Debbie,what's the difference between the router and the wifi hub ? I'm available anytime except Wednesday afternoon and next Monday as I'm at the hospital

and thank you for both Chris and your help

patrick

Baker boy
Highlighted

Hi Patrick

Thanks for your reply.

This is the latest TalkTalk router.

I have passed your availability over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thank you Debbie 

patrick

Baker boy
Highlighted

Hi Patrick

The engineer visit has been arranged for 20/06 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Morning Debbie the engineer came out earlier and tested everything,according to his equipment we had got 25mbps coming into the house. I checked on my computer and was only getting 13 Mbps,he is wondering if the problem is the router as that is the only thing he can't check into. The new router is on for delivery early this afternoon.

I will get it changed over straight away and give you an update then

thank you for being on the ball once agin

regards

patrick

Baker boy
Highlighted

Hi Patrick

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Have you also tried powering down your router for a full 30 minutes and then running a speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hello Debbie I've done that a couple of times in the last few days,it increases for a short time and then drops back down again.

Will keep you updated later today

patrick

Baker boy
Highlighted

Hi Patrick

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know how the connection is with the replacement router.

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Good afternoon Debbie and Chris, just a quick update I installed the wifi hub as soon as it arrived. Within minutes we was getting 28mbps download and 6.7 Mbps upload. It's actually settled down now at about 24 though.

Can I just thank you both for the hard work that you've put in to getting this issue sorted

regards

patrick

Baker boy
Highlighted

Hi Patrick

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie 🙂

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Getting really cheesed off now. Recent call from your technical team who was organising a visit from Openreach,cancelled as apparently our issue as been sorted. Not sorted at my end as still only running at only 10.4mbps download and 0.34 Mbps upload.

im now wondering if this will EVER get sorted

regards

Patrick

Baker boy
Highlighted

Hi Patrick

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is detecting a possible fault. I have escalated this over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Patrick

Our Network Team have advised that the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie