Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fastpath

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

B525E31D-C71F-4127-9543-8C6711E01BEC.pngHi, can someone please tell me how to tell if I’m on a faspath network, or how I can tell, thx.

Donny
Highlighted
Philosopher

@JAMSROO7 hi do not know a oce or community star might see ur post and reply if they can help 

Hope that help Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi JAMSROO7,

Error protection is on so no you're not on a fastpath profile at the moment

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Chris my friend you are a gentleman and a scholar, do you know how long I have been banging my head against a brick wall, being told your router stats are fine, blah blah blah, I have found someone who actually understands lol, the frustration of moving the router opening ports, all I needed was clarity, such a joke bro not understanding the stats ext. I’ll Show you ping it looks fine, but gaming is a joke, is there anything I can do to get fastpath back, probably not lol, thanks though Chris least I know now.

Donny
Highlighted

Hi JAMSROO7,

Unfortunately we have no direct control over your line profile, this is automatically managed by BT's line management system (DLM), we have no manual override? What problems are you having with gaming?

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I’m playing pes 2020, have opened up the ports the game is really stable now but there’s this constant delay which is driving me insane. When I had the tplink in it was flawless, but now it’s no good. You can see from my previous posts, how it was running so well and the amount of praise I had for TT compared to virgin. I just like to relax as I’m a full time carer for my mother but this is so frustrating mate lol, is there anything I can try to get it to kick in, I don’t really want to factory reset router as I have opened all the ports, seems crazy why I can’t just go back to how it was, i’ve Paid out 125 on a gaming router which I can’t link up to tp link, any tips be much appreciated Chris, or I’m gonna try terminate my contract, pointless paying for a service I can’t use, even though the internet runs great for streaming and other devices when not gaming, as it did before. Once more thx for telling me least I know 100% why gaming is so difficult.

Donny
Highlighted

Hi JAMSROO7,

I'm not sure if factory resetting the router would improve this, however it is also worth a try if you are experiencing connection issues. Do the pings and traces look fine? Are you also connected wired?

We don't really have any control of specific profiles as this will be determined by DLM depending upon the stability of the connection. Did you add any new equipment or change the set up prior to this change in performance?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Michelle I tried a gaming router netgear xr300  bridge it with the tplink, had to reset both routers numerous ammount of times I think that is what has caused the Dlm to go back to interleaving, before my service was stable didn’t need changing. Is there anyway I can contact openreach explain the situation, seems crazy that I can’t get old profile back

Donny
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

ADBEE66F-0855-456D-BBEE-624BE2BACE55.pngPlaying hard wired with wireless off. Here’s ping looks great, that’s why I assumed I was on fast path thought it was a splitter box issue or something else.

Donny
Highlighted

Hi JAMSROO7,

Thanks for the additional information. If the connection appeared to be unstable then DLM may have adjusted the profile, however if the connection now remains stable then DLM may change this back again. Just to confirm, when were you rebooting the router?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

;ve had no internet all day, I thought the wheels were in motion to get me on fast path profile, now it’s back I’m in the same boat lol, I’m going to cancel my contract, this is riddiculous all I want is a service I can use, I don’t even care about WiFi, if I can game like it was before not a problem, but to be told that you can’t do anything about a situation that can be so easily rectified and if you search the forums there’s so many posts saying the same thing, I don’t blame your company if you are happy turning customers away that’s your prerogative but in my opinion to be told that my profile meets the requirements and trying so many things to fix a situation that was clearly unfixable is terrible if it wasn’t for Chris I would still be *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* in the wind lol.

Donny
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Chris once more thx for letting me know that I am not on fastpath I’m gonna try for a few weeks see if it goes back, if not I’m gonna try go with bt, I know it’s the same open reach network but if I can get them to put me on fast path from the start I may be ok. Incidentally how will I know if my profile changes is it the annex b.

Donny
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I have just been told fastpath is no longer supported by Talk Talk. This being the case could anyone advise me on the best router settings for gaming.

Donny
Highlighted
Philosopher

Bump

Hope that help Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

bump thx hosay

Donny
Highlighted

Hi JAMSROO7,

I asked our Network Team to take a look and they have confirmed that they can't request a specific fastpath profile as this is determined by DLM and the line conditions. They advised that they can see errors on the line so if it is possible then please can you connect the router at the test socket for at least 48hrs and we can see if the errors reduce and if DLM has made any further changes.

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks Michelle that’s great news, at least they can see errors there end. That’s a bit of a tricky one, i’ve Got the virgin face plate there will it still be live, and what i’ll Have to do is try grab a 10 meter Ethernet cable, give me a week to sort it, i’ll Let you know when I’m good, i’ve Not  played ps4 for 2 days now as my blood pressure can’t take the signal lol, thanks for looking into this further.

Donny
Highlighted

Hi JAMSROO7,

Ok please let us know how you get on and we can re-check the connection stats again.

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

My snr up stream has gone back to 7.2 is there a way to get it back to 5.2 please things run great when it’s that. This was entirely my fault I was cleaning the side and the router power lead came out, I couldn’t get internet access after that so I did a reboot causing it to jump to 7.2 if I wait round 2weeks it should go back no problem if it does, but if there’s a way for you to do that much appreciated. By the way last 3 weeks service been amazing, thx. For me this works perfect, hope this helps out other users having trouble gaming.

Donny
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Michelle can you please let me know why no one’s getting back to me thx.

Donny