cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fault between exchange and house

3 REPLIES 3
First Timer

After an hour of talktalk telling me there no issues they’ve finally told me there’s a problem between the expand the property. 
Out of curiosity why is my barely used landline still working yet internet is down?

Not overly impressed with a 2-3 working day wait for an engineer and will be pursuing reimbursement for the down time. 

Community Star

Sometimes the phone service works and broadband doesn't, or vice-versa. There is an automatic compensation scheme depending on how long you are left without a service. If you would like the support team here to have a look at what's going on then make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account. Bear in mind that they won't be back online until Monday. 

Philosopher

2-3 days is normal for "home" broadband contracts.

Suggest you search "articles" above for "Automatic Compensation", only working days count.

There is no compensation for consequential losses.

If you are on fibre, the connection is on different paths apart from the last few hundred metres.

FTTC.png

Martin
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi SteSte

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie