Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faulty HG635 Router.

6 REPLIES 6
JustinTB
First Timer

We recently renewed our Fibre contract with TalkTalk for another 18 months, but now our router has gone wrong. We can access Broadband & the internet fine using 'wired' connections, but the Router won't maintain a WiFi signal. Every time re reboot the router, the WiFi appears briefly as an available network, but then simply disappears again after a short period of time, until we reboot it again. I have tried factory resetting the router, disconnecting & reconnecting all the cables, & moving it to different parts of the room, but still no joy. I know it is the router that is at fault (I do have a background in IT), & I have contacted TalkTalk five times to report this issue, but all they keep doing is re-testing the line, telling me it is fine (which I already know), & saying that they will need to send out a 'chargeable' engineer (who will no doubt tell me what I already know, that the the router is faulty). Being that we have just renewed our contract, does anyone how I can get TalkTalk to send me a replacement router free of charge, or will I just have to purchase a new one myself ?

Kind Regards,

Justin Barnett.

Community Team

Hi Justin

A new router is on the way to you.

This should arrive in the next 24-48 working hours.

Thanks

Karl. 

JustinTB
First Timer

Hi Karl,

Thanks very much for taking the time to read & reply to my message, & for arranging a replacement router, it really is much appreciated. It seemed like I was getting nowhere on the phone & using Live-Chat.

Sorry, I didn't reply earlier but I have only just read your post & received the delivery notification message, due to our current WiFi problems.

Thank you once again for your assistance & excellent customer service, I hope you have a good evening & enjoy the rest of the week.

Cheers,

Justin.

Community Team

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

JustinTB
First Timer

Morning Michelle,

Just to let you know that the replacement router arrived yesterday evening, & it has been working perfectly ever since.

Thank you once again for you help & assistance, it has been much appreciated.

Have a great weekend,

Cheers,

Justin.

JustinTB
First Timer

Morning Karl,

Thank you once again for arranging the replacement router, it arrived yesterday evening & has been working perfectly ever since. Your help & assistance has been greatly appreciated.

I hope you have a great weekend,

Cheers,

Justin.

Community Team

Hi Justin,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for keeping us updated.

Thanks