Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faulty router

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi,

Ive been having terrible problems with my broadband for about three weeks. I generally report the issues using the messaging service in the phone app. However this is an extremely frustrating service as replies often take well over 10 minutes. Sometimes no reply is received.

With frustration boiling over, I phoned the help desk on Thursday 27th Feb and again on Friday 28th of Feb.

On Friday I was promised a call back from the technical team within three days, but so far no call has been received, even though I stressed the urgency.

My problem is that the router supplied by Talktalk early January 2020 would seem to be faulty. It keeps cutting out leaving me with no broadband. Switching it off and on or doing a reset immediately restores the service. However I’m having to do this more frequently each day and it is driving me crazy.

There is clearly no problem with the external signal to the router or the restart would not work very time. Devices connected both directly to the router and those using wifi are all affected in the same way.

Every time I contact help, they run the same tests, ask the same questions and then do nothing. I’ve repeatedly requested a replacement router but they refuse.

Surely something can be done to solve my problem.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Roger1612

I'm really sorry to hear.

I can send you a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie