Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fiber is dropping every 5-10 minutes

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
clarkead
Popular Poster

Hello

I've had talktalk fiber for six months now and it has been excellent until yesterday.

Periods during the day it has been dropping and reconnecting which is getting very annoying because I can't figure out why, I've changed nothing and as far as I know no one else's fiber on my street is doing it, any suggestions pleases and before I get the reply yes I have turned it on and off again and taken wires out and put back in etc. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi clarkead,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your service. 

Do the lights change on your router when the connections drops?

Are both devices connected to your router by wifi and ethernet cable affected by the drops?

Chris

Highlighted
clarkead
Popular Poster
Yes whenever it happens the light goes from white to flashing orange back to white after a minute, it did this six times in the space of ten minutes last night. And all devices are connected over WiFi as the router is nowhere near anything for ethernet.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi clarkead

Thanks for your reply.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault.

Is your landline service working ok when making calls? (any noise on the line)

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
clarkead
Popular Poster
Hello

Well I don't actually use the line for phone calls so I don't have a phone connected.

But I've just connected the line to the test socket and I'll see if that makes a difference.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi clarkead,

Thanks for confirming this. If the connection is still dropping now that the router is connected at the test socket then please let us know and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Highlighted
clarkead
Popular Poster
I've been keeping an eye on it all evening and sadly it's still dropping very frequently, will it be a problem with the router as the connection been perfect before this week? It's starting to effect my partners work as she uses Skype alot to talk to work. Thanks.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi clarkead

Apologies for this.

The line test is still detecting a possible fault. Would it be possible to borrow a phone just to check if your landline service is working ok?

If you are experiencing a fault with the landline service then this can affect the BB connection and has to be investigated first.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
clarkead
Popular Poster

Right I managed to get a phone to plug into my phoneline and I'm getting no dial tone at all from the phone and it's a brand new phone so it can't be that so what does that mean?

also I've spotted today that my download speed is very low, even with this problem it was at around 12-18mb and today its at 2mb. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi clarkead

Thanks for your reply.

Did you connect the phone at the test socket, with the router removed from the line? I can then pass this fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
clarkead
Popular Poster
Hi, I've just tryed all that you said to do and I'm still getting no dial tone with the phone connected up 😕 thanks
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

OK, I'll drop you a pm so we can request an engineer for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
clarkead
Popular Poster
OK I've pm you all the info, thanks
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi clarkead,

I've replied to your PM

Chris

Highlighted
clarkead
Popular Poster
Just wondering as well would this problem affect my fiber speed? Because not getting fast speeds at the moment, should be getting 30-40 mb but am getting around 9-12 at the moment.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi clarkead,

I'm sorry for the delay. The line test has detected a potential fault so I've passed this to our Network Team now and I'll let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

Highlighted
clarkead
Popular Poster

Screenshot_20190828-140140_Chrome.jpg

 heres a picture and it's dropped about 7-8 times in the past hour 😕 not very good 😞

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

An engineer has been booked for Mon2nd sept 1-6 PM.

This is the earliest appointment available.  If you need to reschedul for a later day, please let us know.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
clarkead
Popular Poster
OK thanks, I'll be in at that time 🙂
Highlighted
Community Team