Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fiber speed boost not working

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Participant

Hi, I renewed my package on 29th Jan and noticed my speed boost wasn't included. Anyway after lots of calls to customer 'services' and an engineer visit it was finally decided that they hadn't enabled the boost. It should of been enabled on 8th March & I can see speed boost mentioned in my account now but im not seeing a real increase in speed over last package (38Mb).

My line speed on the router is now showing 50Mb down & 17Mb up. On the talk talk  speed test im getting 45M down &12M up ish. (over Ethernet) Ive done the 30+ minutes router switch off twice now and would like to see more speed, shouldn't the link speed be around 80Mb?

Anyway looking for some help now.

Cheers

Mark.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Mark,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

Profile done 😊

Highlighted
Community Team

Thanks for updating your profile.

Line test is passing and sync speed is currently 47.9Mbps. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Chris

Highlighted
Participant
I dont recall hearing any noise on the telephone line.

We have 2 sockets, the master socket was replaced by our engineer visit just last week.

the telephone is connected to the other socket via a micro filter.
Highlighted
Community Team

OK thanks, does your master socket have a dedicated broadband socket or do you use a microfilter to connect the router?

Chris

Highlighted
Participant
It now has a dedicated broadband socket. The engineer only just fitted it last Tuesday I think it was.
Highlighted
Community Team

OK thanks, in that case you shouldn't need a micro-filter in the extension socket as the telephone side is filtered at the master socket

Could you connect your router to your test socket (under that master socket faceplate) and we'll see if there's any speed improvement 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Participant
Ok everything unplugged, router directly into master socket back plate.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Whybother,

Thank you. I've just checked the connection stats now and DLM has started to increase the sync speed now that the router is connected to the test socket. Please let us know how the speed compares over the weekend.

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Ok,

Here are some stats from a speed test and router connection stats for 13th March.

Thanks

Mark.

Highlighted
Participant

More stats for 15/3/20.

It aint getting any faster!

Off topic but why cant we attach .jpg files?

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Whybother,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've just re-checked and I can see that the sync speed has increased again since I last checked. What speeds are you receiving at the moment? Is the router still connected to the test socket?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
At the moment it is 46Mb down & 15Mb up so still way of 75. And yes the router is still directly into the test socket.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Whybother,

It looks like DLM is gradually increasing the sync speed as the sync speed has increased twice each time I've re-checked the stats. Would it be possible to keep the router at the test socket for a few more days so we can see if DLM continues to increase the speed further?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Yes, but why is it taking so long. 46Mb is a long way off 75Mb. Its been on for more that 2 weeks now. Bear in mind I bought the package on the 29th january & talk talk didnt bother to activate it until 2 weeks ago. This has been really poor.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Whybother

Apologies for this.

If all testing has been completed with a different router at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant
Different router? I only have 1 from talk talk.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Whybother

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

you can if you like but I doubt its the issue.