Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fiber speed dropped from 68mb to Under 10mb

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Chatterbox
 In the last week, my broadband has dropped from 68mb to 9.5mb yet my upload speed is still holding steady at 17mb, I have done everything I can my end (Reset, changed the channel, moved router etc)

Tech support said the line is fine and there is nothing they can do and said 9.5mb "is in their Suitable Broadband speed bracket" Even tho I am paying for High Fiber speed and getting a standard broadband speed.

The loyalty team said they can not do anything and to cancel my contract would cost me £120 so are happy for me to carry on paying for fibre speed and only getting Broadband quality service.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Highlighted
Community Star
Hi your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during today. Have you tried the 30 minute reboot ? Switch off the router, wait 30 minutes and back on ?
This can cause dlm to rethink your connection.
Sorry if you already tried.
Good luck
I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi amosproject,

Please can you update your forum profile to include your telephone number so that we can look into this further. To do this go into "my settings" then "personal information" then add your details.

Please do not post any personal information on the forum.

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Cheers will give it a try. Tech offered me no tech advise apart from the line is fine. Just checked my last bill and I am paying for faster Fiber and the speed boost.
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi I have updated profile

Highlighted

Hi amosproject

Thank you, please can you also add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile.

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Done
Highlighted

Hi amosproject

Thank you. I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 9.9mb.

Which router are you using? (make and model)  Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie