Had an upgrade from superfast fibre to fibre 150.
Speed tests have not changed and are stuck at 80Mbs
I was told the actual sync speed was >100Mbs
Have tried turning off the router for 30mins etc, but no change
Please can you advise / help?
Router is in sync at 160mb so it would be worth investing in a new cable.
Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.
WEAR A MASK - WASH YOUR HANDS - SOCIAL DISTANCE
More and more people will be coming up against the issue of their devices becoming the limiting factor when router speeds regularly go above 100.
Slower LAN ports and mobile devices that (like mine) seem to have a maximum WiFi link rate of 135 even on the 5 Ghz band can fool people.
My laptop has a decent WiFi adapter and connects solidly at 390 which for me is over 10 times my sync speed.
At my other home 6000 miles away, where I have 400/400 FTTP (for just over £16/month) my devices are the bottlenecks.
PS. The Huawei DG8041W HUB also has 4 x gigabit LAN ports
Tried it on a laptop (which i have used at work with speed test before on a 1Gbps connection) and a tablet on 5Ghz wireless, and a pc from another room connected by cat5e.
Nope engineer only called me from the cabinet location to say sync speed looked ok.
When I got Fibre 150 the engineer came to the house and fitted the modem and a g.fast faceplate on the master socket put some test equipment on the master socket left it on and then he went to the cabinet came back and checked the speed at the socket and asked me to check the speed on my PC.