cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre 150, installed last Thursday

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

It seems to be dropping each day. Only 20.2 this morning.

I attach the record file. On 20/12 I installed the ethernet cable so that my computer is wired directly to the router, and got an immediate 138, but it has been dropping since. My iphone is exactly the same. The power was cut for the installation of a new fuseboard on Tuesday, but the connection has not been affected since then, which is 3 days. I'll keep it monitored each day.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

sorry! Forgot the attachment!

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the update. I've re-run the line test and I can see that the sync speed has dropped. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

No. The phone line is working fine, thanks. We don't use it as much as we used to, but we had a call yesterday which was fine.

Highlighted

Hi Brianpercy,

Can you switch your router off and leave it off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and check if the speed has improved 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Chris

I switched off, forgot about it so left it for just over an hour, then switched on again! I also switched off the modem installed by Openreach when we went to 150. The speed this afternoon is 21 down and 29 up. So very little change.

Thanks for your time.

Highlighted

OK thanks for trying that. Could you just leave it now over the weekend and we'll see if DLM changes your profile. If not then we'll have to raise it to Openreach for further investigation 

Thanks
Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Ok Chris. I'll test it over the weekend!

Strange, I thought I was going back to the beginning of this thread! I reset the Openreach modem, nut when I tried to access iplayer on my Talktalk TV box, the connection dropped out and the DSL and the Internet lights went out and reset. This has happened 3 times now, so I will leave that until Monday as well, and see what is happening then.

Thanks for your help.

Brianpercy

Highlighted
First Timer

@Brianpercy 

We’re due to get fibre 150 on Tuesday the fact you got an Openreach modem makes me a little more optimistic about keeping my existing WiFi setup. Have received the “super hub” but the WiFi on it is s*** doesn’t manage to even go through one wall of our house. Don’t suppose you could let me know the model number of the modem you were provided with ? 

Highlighted

Hi Brianpercy

How has the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

It is a HUAWEI G fast modem Model MT992

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie

It seems to be consistent at 21 down and 28 up. The TV box iplayer seems to be working now. The modem seems not to like a new device, and for the first few times restarts itself! Very strange! Anyhow it seems to be working on all devices now, but a little slower than I was led to believe!

Highlighted

Hi Brianpercy,

I've logged this over to Openreach as a non appointed task. If you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Friday and we'll check for updates 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Ok, thanks Chris. I'll check it daily and let you know how it goes on Friday.

Highlighted
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Team

I checked every day before I went away last Sunday (Feb 2). It was always about 21 down and 28 up. I left the router and modem on while I was away, and it is still exactly the same, both last night and this morning, registering at 21.37. It seems strange that it managed 140+ when I first subscribed to Fibre 150, but is unable to do so now. the modem seems much more consistent, without the constant rebooting that I had at the beginning. Any ideas as to how I can get the better speeds back again? Is it an issue with our exchange?

Highlighted

Hi Brianpercy,

I've asked our network team to take a look at this as it doesn't seem to have progressed with Openreach. I'll get back to you when I receive an update

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Brianpercy,

I've passed this back to Openreach for investigation. If you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Thursday and we'll check for updates 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thank you, Chris. it's up to 24 today, so I'll let you know what tomorrow's reading is.

Highlighted