Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre 150 keeps dropping

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Whizz Kid

had fibre 150 G.Fast upgrade a few months back took 3 visits by BT to get stable line ( they replaced everything form junction box on side of house, new wiring and new master socket ) at same time they re cabled our cabinet and estate.... and 5 houses down, road was dug up and repaired or replaced cables!!! this was 4 weeks ago and all WAS fine until a week or so ago. NOW we are getting re sync or restart on the G.fast modem - at random but worse from 2pm onwards.... of course when working a live connection test says line is fine... Can someone raise a test and or BT openreach engineer - I'm am NOT spending 4 hours+  to and idiot reading a script to be told again (like last time) to phone BT myself...

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible line fault so I've passed this over to Openreach now for an external line investigation to be completed. if you don't hear anymore within the next 48hrs then please let us know and we can re-check for an update for you.

Thanks

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

well...... we lost internet connection at 12.02pm and it came back at 12.30pm - had no contact from BT, but hope this disconnection was the line being fixed. so will just wait and see if it occurs again or is fixed, as when line works it is good-  but use to drop and reconnect, this could be as little as a twenty second cycle. Hopefully fixed - time will tell.

Highlighted

Hi,

Thanks for the update. I've checked the fault, however there are no additional updates as yet. I'll check this again in the morning to see if there are any further updates back.

Thanks

Highlighted

Morning,

I've checked the fault again now and there is an update to advise that Openreach have resolved a possible fault. I've also re-run the line test which is now clear. How is your connection at the moment?

Thanks

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

went down again at 8.20 am so unless you disconnected me to test still faulty

Highlighted

Hi,

Apologies, this may have been when I tested the line. Would it be possible to monitor the stability over the weekend to see how the stability compares?

Thanks

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

yes thats ok - will do

Highlighted
Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Nope not fixed - dropped at 22.15 and came back 22.20 - then dropped at 22.25 came back after a few minutes but laggy -and slow and high ping - web pages not loading (youtube + talk talk + oither webpages tested) 

First thing this mornings BT wholesale speed test were good....7ms PING - 149.88 mbp DOWN - 29.48mbps UP

But tonight 9ms PING 0mbps DOWN 0mbps UP.......!!

then later a 56ms ping 135 odd down and so on - 3 test over 30 mins giving wildly different results

also dropped 22.35.... so that 3 times in 20 mins...

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Saturday evening dropped out , Sunday lunch dropped out ( green lights off for internet and dsl) Also Sunday Laggy slow, high ping or no measurable connection but connected.... bt speedtest fails to complete. the time between drops out is better but no the working connection hangs

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Absolutely unusable through out sunday even large buffer pages - youtube and fire sticks not working buffer under runs and total lost of connection - any live gaming was a no no.

So still NOT fixed.

Highlighted

Hi nexxusone,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test now which is still clear at the moment, however I can see re-connections on the line. Can I just confirm, are both the modem and the router dropping connection? Has the set up changed at all since this was installed?

Thanks

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

The modem drops the green internet light and sometimes the dsl light, the separate talktalk wi fi hub (sagemcom fast 5634) does not drop - we had completely new juction box , wiring and master socket installed when bt did the install of g.fast - After this, it still was showing a fault 299m away after  (cabinet is approx 300m away) - so they swapped ports at cabinet and pair of wires external / coming into house.  At same time frame period they repaired broken cables underground approx 4 to 5 houses down road @ no.1 our road - we are 5A (dug up pavement, repaired and put in inspection hatch).

to add to this, there was pre planned work to rewire our cabinet which, was done for another 4-6 weeks after june install.

I'm confident its an external fault in wiring or cabinet.

when internet is connected (all 4 green lights) it also hangs and has ZERO throughput, this can take up to 5 mins to resolve.

I have only once turned off modem at 7.38am till 8.10am this morning, no other times.

Highlighted

Hi nexxusone,

The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to your home, if you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

I will hold off for a while as EVERYTHING was new from external junction box , cabling , master socket in the G.fast install in june 2020, and BT are still poking about down hatch and cabinet.... also line seems better (not saying fixed) but useable, plus other commitments mean we cant take time off, to wait for a BT visit at moment.

Highlighted

Hi nexxusone,

Ok, please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Nope still dropping and lagging , purely text pages can take up to 30 seconds to load, 

worse after 3pm till midnight and beyond, worse when raining ....

So as I said our house had completely new junction box new cabling and new g.fast socket (master) front and back parts, when installed in june (our house is less than 10 years old)

So I doubt its that.

I have tried another wi-fi router to replace the TT supplied one Sagemcom fast 5364 .

I have directly wired to p.c with a 1 GIG (NEW) ethernet cable to the BT open reach supplied G.Fast modem, still drops...

So my conclusion is faulty supplied G.Fast Modem or still a fault outside as there were broken cables repaired 5 doors down - the new hatch put in by bt is in pavement, right next to road drains and at bottom of a slope (street T junction) where water use to collect,

Can you get BT to investigate fix etc. - we are not available till 28/10/2020 for house access if required

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

We have lost Internet fully now says line fault when test ran via mobile in the TT service centre page and solid orange light on hub  and 3 out of 4 green lights on modem, was up and down since 6am finally totally lost line at approx. 7am

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

so did the 2 line tests after fault found by service centre, where it disconnects line ( 30 mins ones) and it came back fine!!!! via text at this point 8.50am we still had NO internet.... 3 out of four green lights on modem and solid orange on wi-fi hub. So as SMS  text said we need to check equipment, I though well lets get Logical here, I have a talk talk wi-fi router going into a bt openreach modem, lets try my independent MESH wi-fi router,  so I turned them all off and on again- no change - and as a light STILL missing on modem and I have already had to do this once before.... I factory reset the modem and TA-DA! we have internet again. The Modem is Fecking HOT to touch, So I believe modem is faulty or a piece of dog mess......  can you send me a replacement G.FAST Modem the current one is a ZTlink MT992 - a different make would be preferred.