Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre 150 keeps dropping

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi nexxusone,

I've just re-run the line test now which is clear, however I can see re-connections on the line. We can send a replacement router, however we can't send a different modem as this is provided by Openreach. Would you like to go ahead with the engineer visit and we'll confirm some details with you?

You've mentioned that the modem is getting a bit hot, is this located in a well ventilated location?

Thanks

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

o.k send a replacement router 1st

we will test with that 

yes the modem well ventilated and on its own shelf on wall at shoulder height so has air above and below it.

if router doesn't cure it - we will then arrange via here for BT to visit.

Highlighted

Hi

A new router is on the way for testing.

This should arrive in the next 24-48 working hours.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

New router installed - at same time modem and  new router factory reset as well, firmware updated on router to 2816t overnight - so will give it a good test over weekend with a mix of streaming , gaming etc and see if drops connections.

Highlighted

OK nexxusone, please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

I will it's improved, but not perfect.... had to reset modem twice as all lights on but no internet throughput. 

Highlighted

Hi nexxusone,

How has the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

I'm going to say better, so  fault can be closed and obviously I will rearrange a check if it goes down hill again in future.

Highlighted

Hi nexxusone

Thanks for your reply 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie