Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre 150 persistently slow

7 REPLIES 7
skinna119
Chatterbox

My Fibre 150 speed has been well below the guaranteed 107Mbps for a while again now, my actual download speeds are between 30 and 40Mbps and upload speed between 5 and 7 Mbps .

I had the same issue around a month ago and after jumping through hoops checking everything to do with my home set up an engineer from Open reach was finally sent. The engineer performed a reset on the Open reach modem and my speeds immediately went to 128Mbps down and 28 Mbps down which was a massive improvement. However , within 5 days my speed started dropping again , at first to around 90 Mbps down but over the the past few weeks the speed has continued to drop and is now over 50 percent slower than the guaranteed 107Mbps that I pay for !.

When I go to the Talktalk site it shows that the speed to my router is consistently below the Guaranteed speed , it also shows that I have no issues with any of my devises, then when I run a live test I am informed everything looks OK from your end and to check my home set up !!??

Here we go again !, 

I just want to get this problem sorted out, I am tired of having to jump through hoops to get any where near the service speed that I pay for, could yo arrange for an Open reach engineer please.

OCE_Chris
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi skinna119,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

skinna119
Chatterbox

Hi Chris

No problems with telephone, no noise on line, no changes to my home setup 

OCE_Chris

OK thanks. We can arrange an engineer to investigate. If you'd like us to do this just let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

skinna119
Chatterbox

Yes I would like you to arrange for an engineer to investigate please , just let me know the details you require

thank you

OCE_Chris

OK, if you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris

OCE_Chris

Hi skinna119,

Thanks for providing the information. I've booked the engineer for tomorrow afternoon - May 06 2021, 1pm-6pm - please let us know how you get on

Chris

OCE_Michelle

Hi skinna119,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks