Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre 35 to 10 to now 2.5mbps

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi.  My near perfect fibre speed of over 35mbps dropped to 10 when people started working from home which I guessed was the case but now it is down to 2.5down / 0.3up. I have carried out all the usual in property checks, using LAN etc and it is now a real problem.  It is now dropping the internet connection frequently altogether.  The cabinet is only 10mtr from my house.  Please can this be looked into- I have updated my profile.  Many thanks.

Maurice21
Highlighted
Community Star

Can you just advise if there are any issues with your voice service and whether you have checked at the test socket, if you have one? 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

The voice is fine and the master test is making no difference to the speed.  Thanks

Maurice21
Highlighted
Community Star

OK thanks, let's wait and see what the support team advise. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Maurice,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a possible voice fault. Could you confirm if you are experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone as this will affect the broadband connection and we'll need to raise this first?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Sorry for the delayed reply.  The voice / phoneline is working fine, and there is no audible noise.  Another check of the speeds reported via adsl and it is the same 2.5mbps 😟 I look forward to your thoughts.

Maurice21
Highlighted

Hi Maurice21,

Thanks for confirming this. I've passed this over to Openreach now for an external line investigation to be completed. If you don't hear anymore by Friday then please can you post back here and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Michelle

unfortunately we have had no contact from BT nor has there been any fix for the issues.  Thank you. 

Maurice21
Highlighted

Hi Maurice21

Apologies for the delay.

Openreach updated the fault ticket yesterday to advise that the fault has been re appointed. Did the engineer contact you?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi This dire fibre speed is still on going.  Openreach said at site the wire from the telephone pole to the house needed replacing, and a mechanical ladder had to come for safety.  They never turned up.  So now for many weeks the speed has been around 7mbps.  Originally it was 35 on the 38 service eg excellent.  The wire from the pole is over 40 yrs old and was diagnosed at fault.  Can you kindly request openworld start and complete the job they promised to carry out.  Many many thanks.

Maurice21
Highlighted

Hi Maurice21,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test now which has detected a possible issue towards to the property so the next step would be for us to arrange an engineer visit to the property. The previous line test showed a line fault which has now changed. Can I just confirm, is the router still connected to the test socket at the moment?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Sorry for the delay.  Yes it is connected, and Openreach did say the twisted pair cable to the property from the telegraph poll is at fault.  It is they never came back to fix it- and external job.  Please can you chase it up thanks.

Maurice21
Highlighted

Hi Maurice21,

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris