Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Broadband + Speed Boost Issues

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I joined up with TalkTalk this month and have given time for internet to adjust, I bought the Faster Fibre Broadband with the Fibre Speed Boost to get an average of 67Mb/s roughly. 
I'm receiving 0Mb/s - 30Mb/s (yes its even dropping to a low as 0-5Mb/s) this is not what I signed up for period.

As I go into my router settings and it seems i'm being capped @ Download Speed 40Mb/s and Upload of 10Mb/s fix this as I'm paying for something that I didn't agree too.

I have also linked a zip file with an image,speeds im getting right now on TalkTalk Speed test. Average Download Speed of 23.2Mbps and an Average Upload Speed of 9.4Mbps.

Highlighted
Team Player

and was thinking of upgrading to Faster Fibre + Speed Boost for 70mbs... Better start looking for other providers...

Highlighted
Chatterbox

This is shocking and no help whatsoever!!
Image below

Highlighted
Chatterbox

3.7Mbps Download Speed and 6.8Mbps Upload Speed

I'm a new customer and this is unacceptable!

Highlighted
Team Player
Sorry to spam your thread a bit but lots of us seem to have similar problems. I signed up at the end of Jan and they didn't even enable the speed boost until I complained towards the end of Feb, now the speed 'boost' is active Im still only getting upto 46Mb. Seems like either Talk Talk or Openreach are deliberately slowing down peoples connections.

Good luck.
Mark.
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Still not ONE message from anybody trying to help when I see people that make a post and get answered within the hour i'm still waiting over 48 hours i'm a new customer??!?!?!?!
Bad speeds sitting here with 3Mbps, 40/10 connection it seems on router status, Speed boost clearly not on, No help from anybody from TalkTalk.
This is unacceptable.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi nhughesx,

Apologies for the delay. Looks as though the speed boost hadn't taken effect so I've made a change, the speed boost should take effect within 24 hours 

Once the speed boost has taken effect can you please retest and let us know if you are still experiencing slow throughput speeds

Thanks
Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Upload speed has went up to about 13mbps, download speed still only 0-30, no were near the average speed i was given

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi nhughesx,

Sorry for the delay and I'll take another look now. I can see that the sync speed has started to increase. If there is still no improvement in throughput speed then please try switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and retesting again as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speed.

Thanks