would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Broadband Speed

22 REPLIES 22
LEWIS4596
Popular Poster

Hi folks,

Recently moved from sky fibre max to talktalk fibre (with speed boost). After having my router continuously on for 15 days now and past my 14 days stabilisation period my speed hasn’t increased at all. Before at sky I was getting 65mbps to the router and now currently getting 58.1 to the talktalk hub.

Any way I can get my download speed up?

The router is connected to the pre-filtered master socket.

Community Team

Hi LEWIS4596,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection looks stable. Does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

LEWIS4596
Popular Poster

Hi Michelle,

I have plugged the router into the test socket via the filter provided by TalkTalk. After connecting the router back up my download speed has increased by 0.1 and my upload has decreased by 0.1. The router hasn’t been turned off.

LEWIS4596
Popular Poster

Any updates on this?

Community Team

Hi LEWIS4596,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I've re-checked the connection stats and the sync speed hasn't increased any further. Is the router still connected to the test socket? How long was the router connected to the test socket for? Do you have an alternative router that you can test with to see how the speeds compare?

Thanks

LEWIS4596
Popular Poster

I’ve had the router connected to the test socket from Friday afternoon and it hasn’t been switched off from the fibre activation date.

I don’t have another router to test it.

Community Team

Hi LEWIS4596 

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

LEWIS4596
Popular Poster
If that’s okay yeah that would be great.
Community Team

Hi LEWIS4596 

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

LEWIS4596
Popular Poster
Brilliant! Should I plug the replacement router into the test socket or normal socket?
Community Team

Hi LEWIS4596,

Thanks. Could you test the replacement router at the test socket for at least 48hrs to see if there is any improvement in sync speed.

Thanks

LEWIS4596
Popular Poster

That’s the new router just been plugged in, I’ll post again in 48 hours.

Community Team

Hi LEWIS4596,

Great, thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

LEWIS4596
Popular Poster
Hi Michelle,

That’s it been 48 hours but the speed is still the same, the night of the router plugged it it updated to the later software and the speed went down.
Seems like every turn off has made it slower and slower.
rbaker
Team Player

Guys, there appears to be a general school of thought that the traditional DLM 10 day training period that applies to ADSL services is still applicable to FTTC services.

Indeed, some ISP Customer Service agents still refer to the 10 day training period.

It's wrong, it's unbelievable and it's annoying. 

On the first day of operation, DLM will intervene if severe instability is detected.
Otherwise, DLM will wait until the day after provision before intervening, provided
that the line has been in sync for at least 15 minutes during the preceding day.

On a new installation, you will see a DLM correction after a maximum of 48 hours up or down. 

Not 10 days!  10 days is an excuse to continue providing inferior customer service and to get rid of phone calls.  Believe me, I have lived it.

Community Team

Hi LEWIS4596

Your line is showing in sync at 57.4mb.

I can pass this over to our Network Team for investigation. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

LEWIS4596
Popular Poster
Yes please.
Community Team

Hi LEWIS4596,

I've passed this over to our Network Team now. If you don't hear back by the end of today then please can you bump your thread and we can re-check for an update for you.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi LEWIS4596,

I've received an update back to advise that they haven't detected any issues and that the current speed is within the speed range for the line. They have said that we could arrange an engineer visit to investigate, however this would be chargeable if they found no fault or determined the speeds to be within the predicted range for the line.

They have asked if you could monitor for another week to see if there is any improvements.

Thanks

LEWIS4596
Popular Poster
Yeah I’ll continue to monitor.

I know the line speed is within the speed range (barely), but I don’t understand how sky provide a faster speed on line with only the router different.