Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Broadband and Mobile Apps

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

First things first, I'm a bit of a fan of the D-Link 3782 router which has been incredibly stable at both my own and my family home.

However over the last few weeks at both locations across various mobile devices apps have been unable to load. Facebook, Amazon, twitter and eBay to name four from the top of my head can just stall with "waiting" and may after a number of minutes respond or ultimately fail with "no connection to the internet".

The actual connection at both locations is spot-on, web browsers on mobile and desktop devices are fine. It's just mobile apps across a variety of devices that are suffering. Even my work VPN connection is working fine at both locations, it's just purely mobile apps.

I've also checked that all home-safe content settings are turned off.

Any ideas?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Andy

I've sent you pm.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted

Hi AldridgeAndy

How has the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

I've just made the change as per Karl's recommendation to use Google DNS.

If that improves things then I'll also make the same change at my moms house too.

I'll know more in a day or two once I've had time to test.

Highlighted

Hi

No Problem 🙂

Let me know if there is any improvement.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

@OCE_Karl  early signs this morning after the change is that "normal service has been resumed". Everything is very snappy 🙂

Are there any security risks moving away from TalkTalk's DNS and over to Googles?

If it's pretty much risk free then I'll do the same to my moms and my brothers TalkTalk 3782 routers ( I told you I was a fan of them ).

Highlighted

Hi

No security risks in using Googles DNS. I've always found that Google update their DNS entries quicker.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips