cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Broadband constant issues with internet connection

Gilmour70
Popular Poster

Hi there, had broadband from early hours this morning and upto about 1pm (34 Mbps).  Then it went again.

Spoke to a advisor last night and was informed that there was an outage on my line and that my line will be upgraded 🤞

Best regards

Stuart Gilmour

Cheers Stuart
Community Team

Hi Stuart

I've checked your connection stats and your line is now showing in sync at 28.7mb.

Is the connection still dropping?

Thanks

Debbie

Gilmour70
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie, yes the line keeps dropping on my Faster Fibre line.  It dropped about 11am and then reconnected around 1.30pm.  28mps is very slow for a Faster Fibre Line.

Best regards

Stuart Gilmour

Cheers Stuart
Community Team

Hi Gilmour70,

I'm sorry for the delay. Is it still only dropping when it rains? Is there any noise on the line/no dial tone when it rains or is it just the broadband connection which is affected?

Thanks

Gilmour70
Popular Poster

It appears to happen when it rains and the phone line seems ok.  It went down again last night and hasn't come back on.

Best regards

Stuart Gilmour

Cheers Stuart
Community Team

I've asked our network team to take a look at this. If you don't hear anything later today can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for updates 

Chris

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Gilmour70,

Our network team have advised that another engineer visit is going to be required. If you'd like us to go ahead with the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris