Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Broadband not worth the hassle

92 REPLIES 92
Anth101
Chat Champion

This so called fibre is absolute joke i dont know what they done as its absolute garbage .Paying TT and there ripoff line rental and services are a complete waste of time , ive wasted months of the same rigmaroll and they still havent sorted it , I thort the OR clowns were bad to be honest yous are exactly the same bloody useless and im not putting up any longer with this pathetic internet . A complete waste of time .in 7 days time they can stick the contract where the sun dont shine as the clowns have capped the line and they getting not a another penny for this rubbish .

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Anth101,

I'm sorry to here your unhappy with your service, what was the outcome of the latest Openreach engineer visit?

Chris

Anth101
Chat Champion

The fault manager is trying to say changing the wifi channel to auto will improve the speed . Ive already noticed it wont make a diffrence if the router isnt syncing higher here are results from router : So i guess the OR clown has capped the line typical with them idiots .

Actual Rate [Kbps]Maximum Rate [Kbps]Noise Margin [dB]Attenuation [dB]Power [dBm]

Community Team

I've checked and you'er not on a capped profile, you're on a 40Mbps profile so your line profile isn't limiting your speed to 22Mbps

Chris

Anth101
Chat Champion

right but i think diffrent ive been on phone to them and they have noticed im not getting a min guaranteed speed and apparently ofcom have been on to them and have 29 days to sort it. Ive been on months and its been a waste of time . had numerous OR clowns out and also coming up 3 TT so called ipad engineers i have one out tomorrow . The other OR idiot was trying to say the acceptable range is 16mbps to 25mbps  absolute idiot .

Community Team

OK, please let us know how the engineer visit goes tomorrow

Chris

Anth101
Chat Champion

waited for the tablet guy didnt arrive since got told between 8 and 1 but been on chat to be told there wasnt even a  guy booked . so rang them to be told the same who ever i was speaking to didnt do what he had said . So now i have one of the OR goons arriving again tomorrow and hope to god it isnt the goon ive had out twice as he was as much use a guy on spice . So now i have to wait in again for the  idiots. Ive had same goon twice and thursday gone and  monday and by the sound of it wasnt happy coming out again as if its my fault i did tell him its the shambles of a network .

Community Team

OK, I hope the engineer visit goes well, please let us know how you get on

Chris

Anth101
Chat Champion

well the OR cowboy arrived today obvious didnt do alot checked for errors then had a clown ring him while in property and he told him that the line is capable of 16mbps and 25mbps which was getting 23mbps now im getting 21mbps which is under the so called min guaranteed speed . So another waste of time.. They all come out with same rigmaroll so im thinking of leaving TT as was better off with vodafone if this is the case and paying less . They wont admit its pathetic as in OR cowboys .

Community Team

Hi Anth101,

Thanks for the update, your current sync speed is 23.4Mbps which is above the guaranteed minimum

Chris

Anth101
Chat Champion

sync speed is that but makes no diffrence as the speed as if i put the TT router on it is 22.2 sync speed and doesnt go any higher . So tomorrow the fault manager is ringing and with a bit of luck i will be rid of TT alltogether. Then again im not bothered. If i move then the next isp will be getting the hassle .Ive went bad to worse with this fibre crap .

Anth101
Chat Champion

Had yet another OR out again yesterday doing the same crap testing line etc come back no errors and he showed me the line stats . so asked him why am i not getting my min gteed speed then couldnt answer . So  why have i always had over 23 mbps and now im getting less . Ive also checked  new providers and there min guaranteed speed is 20.3 which its always been 22.4 and above so something doesnt add up OR have played a blinder yet again . So if nothing has changed then why has min guaranteed dropped as im getting far less than what im paying for . Its a absolute shambles . He was trying to say i was getting a good speed yeah right . waste of time .

Community Team

Hi Anth101

Apologies for this.

I can raise a complaint so this can be discussed further with a Complaints Manager. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Anth101
Chat Champion

Thanks for reply and yeah you can do thank you

Community Team

Hi Anth101

I have escalated your complaint to our CEO's Office and a Complaints Manager will contact you to discuss this as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie

Anth101
Chat Champion

okey dokey thanks

Anth101
Chat Champion

ceo rang me today and tried to add a boost on my account but wouldn't have it and also added credit to my account. I also can leave at anytime since they are breaking the contract of not getting the min guaranteed speed and I think its an absolute disgrace thanks to openreach idiots and they shambles of a network , so maybe going to start looking elsewhere to see if  I can get something better which probably wont as Im stuck with crappy BT and there junked up network .,

Community Team

Hi Anth101,

I'm sorry to hear this. Are our CEO Team still looking into this for you?

Thanks

Anth101
Chat Champion

hi ceo said to give it 3 month to see if the fibre boost is back on and available  in my area but I have to contact Donnie ross to check it out

Anth101
Chat Champion

now the wifi hub is losing the signal all the time ive been on phone about it and I have to monitor connection and suppose to be ringing me Wednesday but sick to death of this wifi hub losing connection then connecting , Im getting 21. 1 mbps wow less than previous when joined threw the shambles of a network Openreach and there so called engineers more like cowboys .