cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Broadband not worth the hassle

Community Team

Hi Anth101,

I'm sorry to hear this. Is this the wired or wireless connection which is dropping? It may be worth contacting your CEO contact again so they can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Anth101
Wizz Kid

wifi hub replaced  and upto now it hasn't disconnected on the wifi but speed is absolute rubbish sync speed pathetic

Community Team

Hi Anth101

Has the replacement router been connected to the line for at least 48hrs?

Thanks

Debbie

Anth101
Wizz Kid

Its been on 48 hrs and no difference what so ever and was getting the min guaranteed speed and now had the openreach clowns out yet again and now they telling me the same Bs  saying with more and more taking up this fibre crap that is why my speed has been decreased so now on 20mbps  waste of time paying for this not getting what im paying for same with Netflix cannot watch 4k movies as stupid thing buffering all the time  Give up .

Community Team

Hi Anth101

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 21mb. I have passed this over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Anth101

Our Network Team have advised that BT Openreach have previously investigated this fault and they have changed DLM from standard to speed, this should take effect from 05/04.

Thanks

Debbie

viewer625
Conversation Starter

"BT Openreach have previously investigated this fault and they have changed DLM from standard to speed, this should take effect from 05/04."

It will be interesting to see if things improve

Community Team

Hi Anth101

Please can you post back on 06/04 and let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

Anth101
Wizz Kid

Hi and will do but not sure if will sort this issue out but see what happens not that optimistic with openreach and there useless network

viewer625
Conversation Starter

Sometimes the speed profile is faster than standard. It is not fair to blame openreach 'cos they set up a line profile how ever the ISP requests. Some ISPs like to use standard others speed.

I have seen with my own eyes a Talk Talk standard profile line go up 12mb when the line was moved to an ISP using speed.

So wait and see you may get a result best of luck

Anth101
Wizz Kid

Thanks for the info what you have seen but see what happens and then ill post back when and if an improvement . cheers

Community Team
Highlighted
Anth101
Wizz Kid

just wondering how long does it take the profile to be changed from standard to speed as upto now it no different and suppose to be done today

Community Team

Hi Anth101,

Line test is showing that the policy has now been changed, may find that the speed changes in the early hours of the morning

Chris

Anth101
Wizz Kid

seems if its been done then nothing has changed in regards to standard to speed profile

viewer625
Conversation Starter

Maybe you need to do a 30m off restart

Anth101
Wizz Kid

Been turned off for 40 mins and restarted speed no different than it was originally is so unsure why it hasn't done nothing

Anth101
Wizz Kid

just had TT fault manager ring me and tell me the same what ive heard from day one monitor the connection for 48 hrs which is guaranteed to be the same as what it is now . So i guess the speed profile hasn't been even done if it suppose to improve the speed . So ive checked with loyalty team that i can leave as had enough with this and look elsewhere for another isp and probably continue where i left off from TT as its tm not wasting my time no more with the same stuff and been told give it 48hrs and a call back within 72 hrs .

viewer625
Conversation Starter

If you move to another ISP make sure the ISP uses the speed profile before you sign up

ISP's should make it very clear to customers the profile they use or better yet allow customers to choose the profile on sign up

Anth101
Wizz Kid

will do thanks for the info