cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Broadband not worth the hassle

Anth101
Wizz Kid

ive been enquiring with Vodafone and plusnet and Vodafone use the standard he said it will be the same as what im on now and plusnet said the same and basically told them that's no good to me . im on talking to online chat on tt and I don't think these even know what im talking about

viewer625
Conversation Starter
Anth101
Wizz Kid

Thanks it says on the link you sent me but speaking to the agents online say they don't and just standard profile so not sure what to think? . unless the person who I was speaking to wasn't technical minded and just a sales guy ., 

viewer625
Conversation Starter

Why not join the Plusnet forum ask there for advice on profile

I am told staff member  Gandolf knows his stuff

Anth101
Wizz Kid

cheers for that but depends if they do what I ask ? if I join these they could say im on speed profile when im on standard .

viewer625
Conversation Starter

Make your order subject to the correct profile i.e wrong profile - cancel order

Try talking to tech support on Monday

Anth101
Wizz Kid

Had TT ring me today getting me to do speed tests via ethernet which I told them wont be any different and yip I was right .I mentioned that the profile was suppose to have been changed from standard  to speed profile and I don't think its been done . The openreach cowboys have said to TT that im getting a good speed lmfao in there dreams .

Community Team

Hi Anth101,

Just to confirm, is your connection also unstable as I can see re-connections on the line?

Thanks

Anth101
Wizz Kid

hi yes when speed test is done it goes up quick and then degrades slowly cannot even watch catch up on a weekend for stopping and starting and then buffering so I just turned tv off as was a waste of time .

Community Team

Hi Anth101,

As I said in my previous post, you are on the speed policy. Changing the policy just changes the algorithm used to decide when the profile should be changed but this unfortunately doesn't always result in a speed increase.

Chris

Anth101
Wizz Kid

ok then so what was the point in telling me it was going to take up to early hours for it to be done . Also why have the other oce  have said it was been changed on  05/4 but never mind ill stick with my adsl speeds  until the clowns of openreach spend some money.

Community Team

"ok then so what was the point in telling me it was going to take up to early hours for it to be done"

I told you this because generally profile changes are actioned in the early hours of the morning. The speed may still change over the next few days, I'm just pointing out that a speed improvement isn't a certainty

"Also why have the other oce  have said it was been changed on  05/4"

I think you may be getting confused between the policy and a profile. The policy has been changed to "speed", this just changes the algorithm used to decide what profile to set, it doesn't actually change the speed in itself. The speed changes as a result of the profile changing, which can result from the change of algorithm - hope this makes sense

Chris

Anth101
Wizz Kid

ok then but if the speed was going to be increased it would of happened before now . Just had the fault team on phone the same answers ive tested the line every thing is working fine and I have to monitor the connection which if they don't hear from me  within 7 days the fault will be closed and also tried to close complaint and ive refused . " Give up with this  " You get no joy  from talk talk or open reach idiots its hard to say who are worse .

Community Team

The speed may still change. Can you monitor the connection over the next few days and bump the thread on Monday and we'll check your line history to see if there's any improvement

Chris

Highlighted
Anth101
Wizz Kid

bump

Community Team

Hi Anth101,

Thanks for bumping your thread. I've re-checked the sync speed and there has been no increase in speed, however the current sync speed is still within the guaranteed minimum speed. At this point we've exhausted all options to improve the speed and there is nothing we can do/advise further to improve the sync speed.

Thanks

Anth101
Wizz Kid

thanks for reply I had a feeling nothing would change in regards to speed.

Community Team

I'm sorry to hear your speed hasn't improved.

Chris

Anth101
Wizz Kid

thanks typical TT taking the payments but then again thats there priority money first services later .

Anth101
Wizz Kid

Had the usual from talktalk with speed tests yet again .Then wanted me to do Ethernet speedtest then after done that comes out with the usual  by Ofcom you getting 70% of the speed which still isn't what I am paying for well Ofcom are brain dead also . Ive had months of TT and there stupid tests and saying this and that and suppose to had  a cowboy engineer out instead he rang me to say he couldn't do anything and the manager is looking into it which I bet he is .

Why don't Openreach just admit the network is pants and  fix it instead of coming out with Bs . I don't know who is worse them or the monkeys of TT .

Well had the TT fault Manager on Phone and he saying monitor the connection which whats that going to do ??? . Ive had enough of this and sick of the lies and speed test rigmaroll . Im finished with these and open reach clowns with there stories of lies .