Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Connection Slowed Down

22 REPLIES 22
Melissa_Hurford
Team Player

Hi I have recently been seeing a slow down in my Fibre broadband speed, i got in contact with live chat support, and they told me that there was some sort of fault at the exchange so they got someone to go check it but my speed hasnt got any better i am currently getting 29.2 Mbps when only a few weeks ago i was on about 50Mbps . I changed the filter in the master socket to no change. Im not sure whats happening if someone could try help me out that would be great.

Heres some numbers from my router

xDSl

Line 1
UP
04h12m36s
UP
VDSL2 (G_993_2_ANNEX_ B)
DMT
ATM (G_992_3_ANNEX_ K_ATM)
  Actual Rate [Kbps]Maximum Rate [Kbps]Noise Margin [dB]Attenuation [dB]Power [dBm]
Line 1
DownstreamUpstream

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Melissa, your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during tomorrow.

Have you any noise on your telephone line?

Has your router been disconnected recently?

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Community Team

Hi Melissa_Hurford

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault with the landline service.

Are you experiencing any faults with the landline service when making calls? (noise on the line)

Thanks

Debbie

Melissa_Hurford
Team Player

We dont use a house phone so i dont know and ive done a factory reset on my router to see if that would help but no change the speeds are the same 

Community Team

Hi Melissa_Hurford

If you are experiencing a fault with the landline service then this can affect the BB connection and has to be investigated first.

Would it be possible to borrow a phone for testing purposes?

Thanks

Debbie

Melissa_Hurford
Team Player

I will have to see if i can get one and try it 

Community Team

Hi Melissa_Hurford

Thank you.  Please can you check if you have a dial tone and if you do have a dial tone then please can you make a couple of test calls to see if there is any noise? (crackling)

Thanks

Debbie

Melissa_Hurford
Team Player

Hi 

I've managed to get a phone and when I pick it up I hear the dial tone also there is crackling I will be doing some test calls a little later 

Community Team

Hi Melissa_Hurford

Thanks for your reply.

Was the router also removed from the line when this noise was present? I can then escalate this fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Melissa_Hurford
Team Player

No the router was still plugged in 

Community Team

Hi Melissa_Hurford

Thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible to make a couple of test calls with the phone at the test socket and the router removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

Melissa_Hurford
Team Player

Hi ive done a test call with the router disconnected from the line and there is still a crackling noise on the phone line

Community Team

Hi Melissa_Hurford

Thanks for confirming this.

I have escalated this fault over to our Network Team for investigation and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Melissa_Hurford
Team Player

That's great thanks 

Community Team

Hi Melissa,

I've just requested an update now and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Melissa,

I've received an update to advise that the fault has been passed to BTOR for further investigation.

Thanks

Melissa_Hurford
Team Player

ok thanks

Community Team

Hi Melissa,

If you don't hear anything more by Monday then please can you bump your thread (request an update) and we can re-check this again for you.

Thanks

Melissa_Hurford
Team Player

Hi can I get an update on this please 

Community Team

Hi Melissa

I've requested an update on this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie