Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Connection, router dropping connection, mostly every evening/night

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi Debbie

Sorry now getting bk, yes my PS4 is wired, and it affected that when it disconnected, cause i was playing ps4 at the time when it went off. it affects all devices connected to the WifiHub, wired and wireless.

It's done it again tonight, disconnected around 11pm, so could you get that engineer booked in for sometime next week please. I'll monitor it over the weekend. Don't get it, 2 nights it was all stable, then the next 2 nights it is bk doing the same.

Craig

Community Team

Hi Craig

Apologies for the delay.

I will request that an engineer visit is arranged, are any certain days best for you? AM and PM.

Thanks

Debbie

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Any day be good this week, and i'd prefer in the morning if possible, cheers

Craig

Community Team

Hi Craig

Thanks for your reply.

I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Craig

The engineer visit has been arranged for 24/07 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi Debbie, thanks will do. just before engineer visit, checked router logs, and its been up for nearly 3 days so far, i don't get it. Most of last week and over weekend, it been disconnecting every night, but so far its been up for nearly 3 days now. I'll just mention it to the engineer, once he's here. Cheers

Craig

Community Team

Hi Craig,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi, Enginner come around 9.30am, he checked the green cabinet before he got here, which he said all looked fine. He was here for around 30 minutes, checked the little white box, and he put new filtered faceplate onto the master socket. He said everything looked ok. But i asked him about the disconnects in the night, and i think he mentioned about engineers could be testing stuff late at night or something, could be to do with disconnects. But how does it affect my line after 10pm, and not one of my relatives across the road. She's also on TalkTalk and she doesn't have these disconnects at this time, and she's also connected to the same cabinet as me. also, since the engineer reconnecting everything, it giving much lower sync, will DLM increase this over next few days or so thanks.

Craig

Community Team

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the update. Just to confirm, has the connection been unstable again after 10pm last night?

Thanks

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

No disconnects last night since engineer been, which is good to hear, been up so far for 31 hours. It doesn't have problems i noticed when the router is syncing lower which it is now, it only does it what i noticed when its sycing much higher.

That's why i asked if DLM will adjust the sync speed of my line after couple of days, if it does sync higher, i can see if it does it then and compare it, if you know what i mean. Thanks

CraigRouter Stats (25-07-2019).png

Community Team

Hi Craig,

Thanks for confirming this. DLM should adjust the sync speed again if the connection remains stable. Could you bump your thread on Monday and we can re-check the connection stats again?

Thanks

Highlighted
CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Ok will do, will get bk sometime next week. The connection been up for over 2 days since engineer visit, so no disconnects last night as of yet.

Craig

Community Team