would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Connection, router dropping connection, mostly every evening/night

72 REPLIES 72
CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi

for a while now, i've noticed my connection/router, always loses connection around 9-10 pm every night, getting fed up with this now. i'm playing the PS4 then its just drops connection few times, within each other.

Its usually stable in day, then when it comes to around this time, it always loses connection, why is this. Ive restarted the wifi Hub, but still does it.

also i think ive noticed, since my sync speed increased on the router, week ago, its been having this problem since then, before this, i didn't have much trouble.

Craig

Community Team

Hi Craig

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line tests have not detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Do you reboot the router when the connection drops?

Thanks

Debbie

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi Debbie

No, i don't reboot the router when it drops, i just let it reconnect by itself which takes 5-10 minutes.

right now, all today, the connection hasnt dropped once, but the dreaded time as come around again around 10pm or so, the connection drops, i dont know why this is cause, i havent had a problem at all today, i only have most problems after 10pm onwards, whys this. you can see my the connection logs.

i've just checked my router logs, and its been currently up for just over 18 hours, so looks to be stable all day, no disconnects

CraigTalkTalk.png

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

And what happens, just after 10pm tonight, the connection as dropped yet again, been stable all day.

Community Team

Hi CraigeDavido,

I've taken a look at the line history for the last few days and unavailable seconds are showing at around 2.5 minutes at around 9pm on the 14th and 15th and around 11pm last night. Have you noticed if coincides with your switching any electrical equipment on in the house?

Chris

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi Chris

Sorry only now getting bk, no i don't notice that, i don't knock anything off around that time when i know it does go off that time. Tonight it went off around 10pm again, but few nights before, once it went off around 2am when i checked the router logs, still going off once a night.

Don't get it, all stable in day, no disconnects i think, then after 10pm, always get one or 2. Confirm its nothing to do with me turning stuff off.

its only happening since the router synced higher on router about 3 weeks ago, cause i powered it off, to get a better sync than what i was getting, which did give me better sync speed. When it was syncing lower, didn't have no disconnects at all for 3-4 weeks what i noticed through router bk then.

So am asking can my line handle this speed which i'm having, it looks like, its seems unreliable after 10pm.

could it be to do with router, my line outside or exchange

Craig

Community Team

Hi Craig,

I'm sorry for the delay. When the connection drops have you noticed any issues with noise on the voice service or no dial tone? As soon as we've confirmed this then we can pass this over to our Network Team for further investigation.

Thanks

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion
Hi @OCE_Michelle 

I tested it past few nights when it drops, and there's no
Noise on the line when the connection drops.

Night before last connection dropped around 10.15pm, and tonight 22nd, it's just dropped again at 23.00pm, so it's still happening every night. I can confirm again it's all stable all in the day, but soon as 10pm or over I always get disconnected once a night. Ok hoping this can be sorted. It's only in the night , don't get it

Craig
Community Team

Hi Craig,

I'm sorry for the delay and thanks for the update. Could I just confirm, is this currently affecting wired and wireless as I can't see any recent re-connections on the line? Do any of the lights change on the router?

Thanks

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi Michelle

Yes its affecting both wireless and wired, cause the internet goes off, its affecting both yes. I was on PS4 last night, and seen the router disconnect at 11.30pm, again after 10pm onwards. It's all stable throughout the day, and again after 10pm last night it disconnects. Its like somethings changed which sets it to go off at 10pm onwards.

Yes the light changes on the front of the router when it loses connection. I Currently got the TalkTalk WifiHub which as only one light at the front of it. It flashes orange once it loses connection, then white/orange when about to reconnect again, then bk to normal solid white light, while bk to normal. It usually takes around 5 minutes or so, to be bk up again after it dropping the connection.

Craig

Community Team

Hi Craig

Thanks for your reply.

Is the router also connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

Yes, its currently connected into the test socket, and it is for a while now, i leave it in there

Craig

Community Team

Hi CraigeDavido,

Thanks for confirming. I've passed this over to our Network Team now and I'll let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi CraigeDavido,

Our Network Team have advised that the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit so I'm just sending you a Personal Message to confirm some details.

Please do not post any personal information on the Community, reply via Personal Message (PM) only.

Thanks

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

Ok thanks, just to confirm again, its only been happening since the router synced higher on the router last month, since then its been disconnecting every night after 10pm, practically every night, its all stable and perfect all in the day and evenings, so connection is good then. It's every night after 10pm the problem.

Craig

Community Team

Hi Craig,

Have you tested with a second router?

Chris

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi @OCE_Chris 

No i haven't, the other one i got, i had certain problems with it, so haven't tried it since a while. The TalkTalk WiFi hub i got in now as been OK, apart from this issue. its like somethings affecting the router after 10pm, cause so problems in day. Had a quick check in router settings about any timers or stuff, couldn't find if that was issue, so i don't know

Craig

Community Team

I think it's unlikely to be the router but I think we should rule it out as a potential cause of the problem so am I OK to send one?

Chris

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Which router is it tho, cause the spare router i got now, is a TalkTalk one, it's the HG633 router.

Craig

Community Team

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the update. It would be either a HG633 or a 3782 router. Just to confirm, have you tested with the spare router already?

Thanks