Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Connection, router dropping connection, mostly every evening/night

Community Team
CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi, plugged the new router in, its been in for nearly around 2 days. This router is doing exactly the same as the other WiifiHub, it disconnects around or just after 10pm, all ok in morning and evenings. Again it's same problem as before, disconnects again after 10pm. its done it 2 nights now in row. since plugging it in. its really irritating me now this issue, i dread when the time comes. Playing ps4, and it not long disconnected. 😠. Cheers

Craig

Community Team

Hi Craig

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've checked the connection stats and I can see the re connections on the line.

Is the router at the test socket? I can then pass this fault over to our Network Team.

Thanks

Debbie

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi Debbie

Yes, it's always been connected to the test socket. Of what i noticed, it only happens if the router is synced higher.

Community Team

Hi Craig

I've asked our Network Team to take a look at this and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Craig

Our Network Team have advised that the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to investigate further.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Craig

Thanks for the Private Message.

I've passed your availability for an engineer visit over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi Debbie, ok thanks, it done it yet again last night just after 10pm, all good in morning and evenings.

Craig

Community Team

Hi Craig

Apologies for this. I will let you know as soon as the engineer visit has been arranged.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Craig

The engineer visit has been arranged for Thursday 18/7 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi Debbie

Thanks, i'll let you know how things go. also for the first time in ages last night, it hasn't disconnected, by checking the router logs, its been up for just over a day. Have you done anything ur end, cause i'm surprised it first time in a while it didn't disconnect last night after 10pm.

CraigTalkTalkHub.png

Community Team

Hi Craig

Thanks for your reply.

No changes have been made. Would you still like to go ahead with the engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

I want bother with the engineer visit for now then, i'll monitor it for the next few days and get bk to you. It prob be bk doing it tonight, but we'll see, hope not. I was surprised it didn't disconnect last night tho, no changes my end.

Craig

Community Team

Hi Craig

I will ask our Network Team to cancel this visit. Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Will do, i'll get bk in few days or so, see how it goes tonight onwards

Community Team
CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi Debbie

Looks to be going great so far, didn't disconnect again at all last night, checked the router logs and it's been up for just over 2 days now.

CraigTalkTalkHub.png

Community Team

Hi Craig

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Debbie

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Lol, the unthinkable as happened again, it's just disconnected me again just after 11pm tonight. It was ok past few nights no disconnects, but tonight it's done it again, all fine until tonight. What could make it do this after this time, I got nothing on timer or anything, nothings changed my end.

Community Team

Hi Craig

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Did any wired devices also experience this issue? I can pass this back to our Network Team to ask for an engineer visit to be arranged again or would you prefer to monitor this over the weekend first?

Thanks

Debbie