would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Query

10 REPLIES 10
Curtyboy
Popular Poster

Hi

I have a query on my line and how long it's meant to take improve line speeds via Dlm. 

I've had a dodgy powerline adapter that put out a lot of noise.  I've disconnected these now and I'm seeing very low errors on my stats but my line speed hasn't increased in over a week.  

Connected at 39999Kb with a max of 67000Kb download and 19999Kb v 21000Kb upload.

My router also reports zero interleaving. 

I gave it a dissconect and power off for 30mins yesterday but nothing has changed. 

Thanks, 

Curt

ferguson
Community Star

Give it time. DLM is quick to downgrade, less so to move up. When I was experimenting with switching routers in the past it took upwards of 14 days. 48 hours gets mentioned frequently, but I have never known it to be that quick myself. Unless things have changed, the best guide on the subject of Openreach DLM I have seen remains the one from Zen Internet, ignore the internal stuff and read the bit about Will my line performance improve again?

https://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebase/Fibre-Optic-Broadband-FTTC-What-is-DLM-and-how-does-it-wo...

Community Team

Hi Curt

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test has not detected any faults. 

Would it be possible to leave your router connected at the test socket for 48hrs without rebooting the router? We can then check the connection stats to see if DLM starts to increase the speed.

Thanks

Debbie

Curtyboy
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie

My intention of this post isn't to complain about the spped for now I just wanted to see if the line looked fine? 

My powerline adapters were causing lots of errors of a pull down on the max sync speed due to noise when they were transfering data. 

Does my line show excess errors or does it look relatively low? If it looks OK I'll just hang fire and let DLM do it's thing before I start moving things around. 

Thanks, 

Curtis

Community Team

Hi

No errors showing and line tests look fine. I've also ran a test on the copper line and all voltage / resistance levels are also fine.

Thanks

Karl. 

Curtyboy
Popular Poster

Thanks for confirming. I'll wait and hope that DLM does its job then. 

Many thanks

Curt

Community Team
Curtyboy
Popular Poster

So my service has settled down and I can see I am now synced at 54997k download which is much better but can someone confirm there isn't a cap on my service?

The reason I ask is I have run speed tests and I am consistently getting 39.9MBit (which is very flat) and I can't get over this. 

This is running the speed test on ethernet and turning the WiFi off too. 

There isn't any errors showing either and I'm on fast path so not sure why I can't get closer to the maximum speed. 

Any ideas or help would be appreciated as I'm still getting the same speed as I was prior to the increase! 

Thanks, 

Curt

Community Team

Hi Curt

Thanks for your reply.

Your line is in sync at 54.9mb. Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

Curtyboy
Popular Poster

Thank you Debbie.  I'll try when I'm back at home Friday and let you know.

Thanks,

Curt

Community Team