Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Speed Boost Plan Not working

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I clicked through on an email to get the faster fibre boost on my account about a month ago. I have never had any correspondence about this but checked my account and has been added but speeds are no quicker.

Attempted to discuss on online chat but haven't been able to resolve. 

Max download getting is 35 mb when should be a lot higher. Can anyone help to resolve this please.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi

Have you by chance recycled the power on the router since you had the boost.

If not power off for a few mins then back on again.

If no change in speed, then logon to admin account on router, and check max connection speed

It may well be that your line does not support over 40Mb

Had the same issue, and had the boost removed.

An OCE when they pick this up on Monday should be able to confirm your maximum line speed. But in mean time power recycle your router and check speed again.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you. Yeah had switched off for 30 minutes yesterday and no change.

They said when messaged yesterday minimum should be 50 for download (not getting) - (at 2 points yesterday spoed test said 70 for download but just drops back to mid 30s) 18 for upload (which getting)

Will log into router and look. Where will it say this.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Screenshot_20191005-022657__01.jpg

Highlighted
Philosopher

Your line is in sync at the maximum possible, 80 down, 20 up, so the boost has been applied.

The only way to get an an accurate test is to connect ONE device to the router using an ethernet cable.

WiFi tests are too variable and if you have more than one device connected they can limit speeds, especially if devices have older standard adapters which can limit the whole network to lower speeds.

Martin
Highlighted
Chatterbox
I changed the channel on the router last night and now seem to be getting between 59 and 70 so appears to be working now.

Have an issue with my pc that it keeps crashing the router and the internet keeps dropping out. No idea where to start with that. On PC only getting around 10mb on ethernet via homeplug sockets.

Don't think that is a talk talk issue thing that is a computer issue.

Thanks for your help.
Highlighted
Chatterbox

The internet connection keeps completely dropping out and restarting on the router. Not the pc happened when pc not on at all as well.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi domstevens1,

I can see that there were a lot of reconnections on Friday and Saturday but seems to have improved since then - have you noticed an improvement over the last couple of days?

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Just got a new hub router and upgraded account. Say maximum is 50mb on router. Looks like boost has disappeared? 

Thought was upgrading and everything would continue?

Highlighted

Hi domstevens1,

I'm really sorry that we've missed your last post. Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Speed still seems slower than previously just making 50. Had up to 65 previously
Highlighted

Hi domstevens1,

You've still got the boost or your sync speed wouldn't be over 40Mbps 

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone sockets in addition to your router 

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris