Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Speed Boost not giving minimum speed promised

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi PAH76

Please can you reply to the Private Message I have sent, we can then arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
PAH76
Participant

I replied as soon as you sent it. Have resent my reply.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi PAH76

Apologies, I have not received this Private Message. Are you replying to the Private Message directly on the Community?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
PAH76
Participant

No, I'm replying to your email

Highlighted
PAH76
Participant

Have just found the PM part of the community and replied.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi PAH76,

Sorry about this but I can't find the PM so I've sent another PM to you, can you reply by PM with the answers to the questions 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
PAH76
Participant

Reply just sent via PM

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi PAH76,

I've replied to your PM requesting a bit more information 

Chris

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi PAH76,

Thanks for the PM

Line test is now showing a potential fault so I've raised this to Openreach as a non-appointed task. If you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Friday and we'll check for updates 

thanks

Chris

Highlighted
PAH76
Participant

I've heard nothing yet Chris. Throughput speed is 43.7mbps today, so still below the "guaranteed minimum", but close!

Community Team

Hi PAH76, the fault is still in the hands of OpenReach. Hopefully, they'll update the ticket over the next day or two.

Ady

Highlighted
PAH76
Participant

Openreach engineer came today. Line test showed no problems, but the SNR was set lower than the normal 6dB figure. When he reset it to 6dB, throughput speed is now showing as 52mbps.

Problem solved.

Is it not possible for Talktalk to see these figures and make the necessary changes? Seems an unnecessary expensive to send an engineer.

Anyway, I'm happy withe the result. Thanks for helping resolve the issue. I was getting nowhere with the normal Talktalk support people.