cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Speed Boost not up to expected speed.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Beanz

Our Network Team have advised that they have made contact and are arranging another engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid
Hi Debbie,

Yes, thanks, I have yet another Openreach engineer visit booked for tomorrow pm. I'll let you know how it goes.

Fingers crossed!

Beanz
Highlighted

Hi Beanz

Thanks for your reply.

Hopefully the engineer will locate and resolve this fault.

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Hi Debbie,

The Openreach engineer has just left, but the sync speed is still only about 46Mbps unfortunately.
However, he did get some interesting results from his tests. It appears that the line is capable of syncing at around 54Mbps (he showed me the figures on his tester), but the TT router is only syncing up at 46Mbps. He advised that there could be some sort of throughput problem from TT. As far as Openreach are concerned, the line is working correctly.

What do you make of that?

Regards,

Beanz

Highlighted

Hi Beanz

Thanks for keeping us updated. I have asked our Network Team to take a look at the engineers notes and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive a reply from them.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Beanz

Our Network Team have asked us to send you a Wifi Hub, would you like me to arrange this?

Can I also just check how many wired devices you have connected at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Hi Debbie,

I already have a WiFi Hub which was in use when the Openreach engineer was here.

After he had gone I connected up my old HG633 router to see if the sync speed was any different. The HG633 syncs up at a slightly higher 47.7Mbps, which is interesting.

You can send me another Hub for testing if you like, but I doubt it will be any different. There are currently 3 wired devices connected to the router.

Thanks,

Beanz

Highlighted

Hi Beanz

Thanks for your reply.

I've been looking into this further, your line is in sync at 47.8mb and the minimum guaranteed throughput speed is showing as 54.8mb.

As the line is in sync at 47.8mb this is not a throughput issue due to the current sync speed. Did the engineer complete any work or make any changes?

Did the engineer connect their own device to show the line in sync at 54?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for looking into this.

The engineer didn't make any changes as far as I know and he did use his own device to check the line outside the house. He showed me the result on the screen. He also checked inside the house at the end of the cable which plugs into the router. Again his device showed around 54Mbps.

The part I find strange is that the previous 2 engineers told me the sync speed was around 47Mbps, which is what the TT router is showing.

Regards,

Beanz

Highlighted

Hi Beanz

This is strange. Have you tried the Huawei WiFi Hub or only the Sagemcom WiFi Hub?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Hi Debbie,

I only have a Huawei HG633 router and a Sagemcom WiFi Hub.

I just checked again and the HG633 syncs at 47.4Mbps and the WiFi Hub at 46.1Mbps.

I wasn't aware there was a Huawei WiFi Hub. Maybe that would be worth a try.

Regards,

Beanz

Highlighted

Hi Beanz

Thanks for your reply.

The Huawei WiFi Hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

I'm using this router myself and my speed increased as soon as I connected it up so hopefully your speed will start to increase.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Hi Debbie,

Thanks very much, it will be very interesting to see if it works for me.

I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Beanz 🙂

Highlighted
Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Hi Debbie,

The Huawei Black WiFi Hub arrived safely on Friday, thanks.

I've been using it over the weekend and it is currently synced up at 47.4Mbps, so slightly faster than the Sagemcom and about the same as the HG633. I tried leaving it disconnected for 45mins, but no change.

Sadly, still below the 53Mbps the Openreach engineer showed me.

What now?

Regards,

Beanz

Highlighted

Hi Beanz

Thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible to leave this router connected to the line for 48hrs without rebooting the router, so we can see if DLM makes any changes?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Hi Debbie,

Before I do that, I just tried an experiment.

I found my old BT Openreach modem from when I first had fibre installed a few years ago. I plugged it into the TT Hub via the WAN port.

With this configuration my throughput has jumped up to 48Mbps. I can't tell what the sync speed is, but it must be around 50, interesting.

I would like to try this configuration for a few days to see how it goes.

Regards,

Beanz

Highlighted

Hi Beanz

Thanks for your reply. I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 50.9mb.

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid
Thanks for that Debbie, I'll leave it like that for 48Hrs to see if it improves any more.

Cheers,
Beanz
Highlighted

Hi Beanz,

Ok, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks