Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Speed Boost not working

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi, I have recently renewed my broadband contract and added the "Fibre Speed Boost" option.  However I have seen no increase in speed and appear to still be capped at 40Mbit down and 10Mbit up. My router (Draytek Vigor) is reporting this.

Downstream            Upstream                
Actual Rate40000Kbps9997Kbps
Attainable Rate56131Kbps15275Kbps

I know the line is capable of much faster as I used to have the "Fibre Speed Boost" enabled and was getting around 70Mbit downstream.  Does it take time for the Fibre Speed Boost to be applied?  I have tried powering the router off for 30 mins as suggested on other posts but no change.

Thanks 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @hacka1979 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @hacka1979,

Sorry to hear the speed hasn't changed since ordering the Fibre Speed Boost.

I have placed a manual request for this to be updated and this will take up to 24 hours to complete.

Once completed, if you could please power down your router for 30 minutes tomorrow afternoon, you should see the speed will then be correct for the boost you requested.

Regards,

Amii C

Highlighted
First Timer

Thanks Amii, will I get an email to confirm it's been done or should I just try rebooting in 24 hours ?

Highlighted

Hi hacka1979,

As i have placed it manually, you won't receive an email to confirm completion.

However I will monitor the order for you and let you know once completed so you can carry out the power down.

Regards,

Amii C

Highlighted

Hi hacka1979,

The order has now completed.

Please can you power down your router for at least 30 minutes and then you will see the new speeds coming through.

Regards,

Amii C