Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Speed Boost

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Hi Michelle,

I just sent a reply to this with the Ping and Trace results, but I have received a message saying that it has been identified as SPAM. 

Are you able to sort this for me please?

Kind regards

Larry

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Pinging google.co.uk [216.58.201.35] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 216.58.201.35: bytes=32 time=10ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 216.58.201.35:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 10ms, Maximum = 10ms, Average = 10ms

Tracing route to google.co.uk [216.58.201.35]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms ttrouter [192.168.1.1]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms host-78-151-230-231.as13285.net [78.151.230.231]
4 7 ms 8 ms 7 ms host-78-151-230-230.as13285.net [78.151.230.230]
5 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms host-78-144-11-49.as13285.net [78.144.11.49]
6 10 ms 11 ms 10 ms host-78-144-4-33.as13285.net [78.144.4.33]
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 10 ms 14 ms 11 ms lhr35s04-in-f35.1e100.net [216.58.201.35]

Trace complete.

Results from the tests.

Regards

Larry

Community Team

Hi Larry,

Thank you. Just before I pass this over could you confirm if you're still using the replacement router and if you also ran the pings and traces when connected wired with no powerline adapters/switches connected as the first pings still look high?

Thanks

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Hi Michelle,

I am back using the Hub I had before, as the tests on the replacement router showed no improvement.

I do have Powerline's attached as my PC is in a different room to the router, but this is the same setup I had before when I was getting the downloads speeds I was expecting.

Do you want me to disconnect all other things using powerlines and try again?

Larry

Community Team

Hi Larry,

Thanks for letting for me know. Do you have any other device that you could test wired, for example a laptop, with the powerline adapter removed just to rule this out?

Thanks

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Hi Michelle,

I don't have anything else at the moment unfortunately. 

When my son's fiancee comes over she brings a laptop, but not expecting that to be until after the weekend.

I have tried switching off all powerlines apart from the one going into the PC, and download speed is 43mbps so not much difference.

I'm quite happy to wait until I get access to the laptop, then I will run it and come back to you.

Larry

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Larry,

OK, please let us know how you get on with the laptop

Chris

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Hi Chris,

I had a quick check on download speed using a laptop plugged directly into the router, with nothing else attached to the router, no Wi Fi adaptor, no Powerlines, and the download speed still only reached 45mbps!!

Not sure where to go from here!!

Larry

Community Team

Hi Larry,

Thanks for running the speed test. Did you run he speed test on the My Account speed checker (the last speed test I can see was on the 13th Jan)?

Chris

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Hi Chris,

No it was on another check site, but I have just run one now on My Account, and it was 40.6 download, and 15.8 upload.

Incidentally, I have just run a Service Status check, and I got a message saying:

We've detected an issue with your broadband

But we need your help to fix it. Let’s talk about it via Live Chat.

Community Team

Hi Larry,

I've raised this to our network team for further investigation, can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates 

Thanks

Chris

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Will do.

Thanks Chris.

Regards

Larry

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Hi Chris,

Bumped, as requested.

Hopefully something has been discovered??

Larry

Community Team

Hi Larry

I've requested an update on this fault from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Larry

Our Network Team have been unable to detect any issues or faults following their testing. The line itself is very stable and there are very minimal errors coming through.

They also advised the following:

I can see the speed tests that the customer has completed but can also see that there are multiple devices connected. How many devices were connected when you completed the speed tests?

Thanks

Debbie

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Hi Debbie,

A little further back in this thread I was asked if I could plug one thing into the router and disconnect everything else.

I did this, plugging a laptop directly into the router, and disconnecting the powerlines to everything else.

I got a marginally faster download speed, but still only 46mbps, when I get over 40mbps with everything else plugged in.

Larry

Community Team

Hi Larry,

Ok thanks for confirming this. As the line tests haven't detected a fault and the sync speed looks ok, would you like us to arrange a TalkTalk Engineer visit to investigate this further?

Thanks

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Hi Michelle,

What is the cost of an engineer visit please?

Larry

Community Team

Hi Larry,

I've included a Help Article below which contains more information.

Engineer charges

Thanks

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Hi,

Just bringing this back up, as Speed seems to be getting even slower now.

I have just run two tests and both came back at approx. 30mbps download speed, and yet the speed into the router is approx. 68mbps.

I have tried everything I can think of having read through your help files. so I think an Engineer visit would be a good idea. 

Larry