cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Speed Boost

Community Team

Hi Larry,

Could I just clarify, the throughput speed is exactly the same when running the speed tests using the wired PC and with all other wireless devices removed?

Thanks

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid
Hi Michelle,

Yes I ran a number of speed tests, and when it was only the desktop PC connected via cable, it was very marginally quicker but nothing significant

Larry
Community Team

Hi Larry

I have advised our Network Team of this testing and I will post back shortly.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Larry

Our Network Team have asked if you could connect the latest router that was sent to you?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Hi Debbie,

Latest router is now plugged in as requested.

I have run a couple of speed checks, but assume it will take a while to get up to speed as these came out at around 12mbps, and roughly the same for upload speed?

Larry

Community Team

Hi Larry

Thanks for your reply.

Your line is in sync at 62.8mb. Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run a wired speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Hi,

All done but not much improvement on the download speeds.

Now just over 14mbps

Larry

Community Team

Hi Larry

Were any other devices in use and connected at the time of the speed test?

Thanks

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Hi Debbie,

I've switched Wi Fi off so that nothing is connected via that, and no other devices running currently apart from this desktop PC.

Just run another check and download speed 14.8

Larry

Community Team

Hi Larry

Our Network Team would like to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Please can you confirm possible engineer charges and provide your availability for this visit AM and PM?

Thanks

Debbie

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Hi Debbie,

I can confirm I have checked charges and will be up to £40.

I am free all day tomorrow, Thursday 18th in the morning, all day Friday 19th, Monday 22nd in the morning, Wednesday 24th in the afternoon or Thursday 25th all day.

Hope one of these is suitable?

Shall I go back to using my WiFi Hub, as I was getting faster download speeds through that?

Larry

Community Team

Hi Larry

The potential charge for the TT engineer is £40. We are now looking to arrange an Openreach engineer visit instead.

During your appointment the Openreach engineer will carry out checks to see whether you have a fault in your property or garden. If the fault is outside of your property, they will carry out the necessary work on the Openreach network and the exchange. It will appear on your bill as Engineer charge. The maximum potential charge for this visit is £65.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Larry

Did you have a chance to look at my last post in regards to the engineer visit? (change from TT engineer to Openreach) Would you still like to go ahead with a visit?

Thanks

Debbie

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Hi Debbie,

Sorry, I thought I had replied!!

Will the Openreach engineer check everything that a TT Engineer would have checked as well?

Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a case of having a TT Engineer out as well if the Openreach Engineer couldn't find anything.

If the Openreach Engineer is going to check everything then yes I would still like to go ahead.

Thank you

Larry

Community Team

Hi Larry

Yes the engineer can complete checks. I would advise running a speed test when the engineer is there with just one wired device so they can see the results.

Thanks

Debbie

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Ok thanks Debbie.

I'll make sure that is done.

Larry

Community Team

Hi Larry

Thank you for your reply.

I've passed your availability for an engineer visit over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Larry

The engineer visit has been arranged for tomorrow (19th) AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Hi Debbie,

Thank you very much.

I'll post an update on here.

Thanks again

Larry

Community Team