Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Speed Boost

Community Team

Hi Larry

Apologies for this.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange a TalkTalk engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Larry

Thanks for the Private Message. I have passed your availability for an engineer visit over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Larry

Our Network Team have asked if you could power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run a wired speed test using the TT speed tester so they can see the results? (before they arrange an engineer visit)

Thanks

Debbie

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Hi Debbie,

I have just had the router powered down for 30 mins and then started up again with just my desktop PC online, no other connections, either wired or Wi Fi.

Unfortunately the Talk Talk speed checker isn't working at the moment, so I ran a speed test on another Speed checker site. The download speed was 33.03mbps and upload 15.65.

I will run another speed check once I see the Talk Talk speed checker is back up and running.

Larry

Community Team

Hi Larry

Apologies for this.

Please can you try this again today and let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Debbie

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Hi Debbie,

Just checked and the speed checker is still not working.

I will check back again later and update on here.

Larry

Community Team

Hi Larry

Apologies for this. This issue is currently under investigation and will be resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid
Been checking throughout the day, but still down at the moment.

I'll check again in the morning

Larry
Community Team

Hi Larry,

Apologies, we're currently still awaiting a further update on the Speed Tester at the moment as this is still under investigation.

Thanks

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

It's still down.

I'll keep checking back.

Larry

Community Team

Hi Larry,

We are expecting an update on the speed checker issue later this morning, I'll let you know when we have further information

Chris

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Thanks for the update Chris

Larry

Community Team
Community Team

Sorry, there's still no update so I'll check again tomorrow 

Chris

Community Team

Hi Larry,

The speed checker should now be working, apologies for any inconvenience 

Chris

larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Hi Chris,

Just checked now and it is indeed.

Many thanks

Larry

Community Team
larrywilkie
Wizz Kid

Hi Debbie,

I have just run various speed checks, with all normal set up, one with the Wi Fi extender unplugged, then another using a different yellow cable and they all come out roughly the same (approx. 28mbps). 

On my router dashboard, it says my current download speed is 69.2 mbps.

There were only four devices connected at time of running the checks, and they included the desktop PC I ran the check on, and the Wi Fi Hub, so not over crowded.

Regards

Larry

Community Team

Hi Larry

Thank you, I have advised our Network Team of the testing completed and I will post back on this thread shortly.

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Larry,

Apologies for the delay, we're still currently awaiting an update and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks