Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Speed Boost

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,

I recieved an email offering the Fibre Speed Boost for half price (£2.50/month) over a week ago, and I pressed on the link and was told that the speed boost would be applied within the next few days. The speed boost has since shown up on my bill, but I I am still connected at my old speeds of 40/10, rather than the new promised speeds of 80/20.

Could one of the OCE's please look into this and get the speed boost activated for me please.

Thank you in advance! 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi dkhan7

Please can you contact our Customer Service Team using the Live Chat facility, they can look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie , 

I have done so, but I'm afraid they say they're generally useless and a waste of my time. I've spoken to them for an almost an hour and they just go through the standard line tests, restart your router etc. There is nothing wrong with my line, I have been receiving a perfect 40/10 connection for months. Its simply a case of the fibre boost having not been activated yet .

Can you or one of the OCEs not look into this as you're generally more helpful ? 

Highlighted

Hi dkhan7,

In about an hour can you switch your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest - please let us know if there's any speed improvement

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Chris, 

I saw your message at about 10 so I switched the router off for 35 minutes, from around 10:15 to 10:50, as per your instructions. The router is still unfortunately syncing at 40/10, rather than 80/20.

I also got this strange email, with all the speeds being 0. The email also says the advertised speed for the package is 40 MB/s, when it isn't, it is 80 MB/s. This makes me suspect that the boost still hasn't been applied.Screenshot_20190227-111547.jpg

Highlighted

Hi dkhan7,

OK thanks, I'll check this again a bit later, it may be taking a while for it to go through 

Chris

Highlighted

I've checked again but still not gone through, I'm sorry for the delay, hopefully it will go through later today but I'll check again in the morning.

Chris

Highlighted

Hi dkhan7,

I've just checked again and the speed increase appears to have gone through so can you confirm that everything is now OK at your end

Thanks

Chris