Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Speed Boost

9 REPLIES 9
hawkerpaul
Conversation Starter

I had a TalkTalk leaflet posted through my door saying that I can pay £2.50 extra per month for an "Unlimited Fibre Speed Boost" to 67Mb/s

I'm currently on around 30mb/s.

As the online chat never seems to be accessible, I thought I'd ask here.

Is this applicable to my account and my area?

Thanks

Magicukgs
Participant

if you only sync at 30mbs via the router a faster speed wont change anything, maybe an upload increase if your max on upload already?

Community Team

Hi Magicukgs

Your sync speed would only increase after adding the speed boost if your line was already in sync at 40mb.

Thanks

Debbie

hawkerpaul
Conversation Starter
According to fibre speed postcode checker, I can get up to 67Mb/s, so is there any way I could upgrade my account to get this speed please @OCE_Debbie?
Community Team

Hi hawkerpaul,

The speed boost just removes the 40Mbps cap so if your current sync speed isn't reaching the cap then applying the boost unfortunately won't result in a speed increase so you'd be paying for nothing. I'm really sorry for any disappointment?

Chris

hawkerpaul
Conversation Starter
Ok thanks @OCE_Chris

Not sure why if I put my postcode into a max speed checker it says I can get up to 67Mb/s tho?
Does talktalk have a fibre max speed for postcodes checker URL please?
If not, can one be recommended.
Thanks
Community Team

Hi hawkerpaul,

The speed you actually receive depends mainly on the length and quality of the line from your home to the street cabinet, the postcode check is just an estimate. You should have received your estimated speed range and guaranteed minimum speed in your welcome pack

Chris

hawkerpaul
Conversation Starter
Ok thanks @OCE_Chris
Its a bit disappointing then when I receive a leaflet through my door from talktalk saying I can get 67mb/s for an extra £2.50 a month.
Surely talktalk should know which areas to send these to. Think of all those trees! 🙂
Community Team

Hi hawkerpaul

I know it must be disappointing, there will be customer in your area that can get those speeds it's just unfortunate that you can't

Chris

Magicukgs
Participant

search bt dsl checker and put house number and post code in?