Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Speed Boost

7 REPLIES 7
minguz
Conversation Starter

I have taken TT fibre for a number of years and I have been happy with the service. My max downstream was 61500kb capped off at 39999kb this gave me a download speed of 36000 - 37000kb. I have taken the fibre boost since 3/7/19 and I am very disappointed at the small increase in download speed. The max downstream is the same at 61500kb and the new synch of 51150kb which has given a download speed 38000kb. So my increase in speed for a 22000kb increase in synch is 1000kb. This can't be right !

ferguson
Community Star

Where are you getting the maximum rate from? If it is the so-called attainable rate on the router this is generally a bit higher than the actual sync speed possible. What is odd is that with an increase of around 11000 in sync you are only seeing a throughput improvement of 1000. Is this based on wired, or wireless test results?

minguz
Conversation Starter

Rates are from the router and testing is wired. I had noticed the mistake (12000 not 22000) but couldn't edit it. It's just I expected a "boost" of more than 1000kb download from adding fibre boost.TT's estimate was 47000kb.

ferguson
Community Star

OK, I have flagged this up to the support team so that they can have a look at things from their end, let's see what they advise.

minguz
Conversation Starter

Thanks

Community Team

Hi minguz

Your line is showing in sync at 51.2mb. Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

minguz
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie

Powered down for a full hour. Sync speeds remain as before but I now have a download speed of 47000-48000kb an increase of 10000-11000kb which I'm happy with. Thanks everyone for your help.

minguz 

Community Team

Hi minguz

Thanks for keeping us updated, please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie 🙂