Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Speed Boost

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I have taken TT fibre for a number of years and I have been happy with the service. My max downstream was 61500kb capped off at 39999kb this gave me a download speed of 36000 - 37000kb. I have taken the fibre boost since 3/7/19 and I am very disappointed at the small increase in download speed. The max downstream is the same at 61500kb and the new synch of 51150kb which has given a download speed 38000kb. So my increase in speed for a 22000kb increase in synch is 1000kb. This can't be right !

Highlighted
Community Star

Where are you getting the maximum rate from? If it is the so-called attainable rate on the router this is generally a bit higher than the actual sync speed possible. What is odd is that with an increase of around 11000 in sync you are only seeing a throughput improvement of 1000. Is this based on wired, or wireless test results?

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Rates are from the router and testing is wired. I had noticed the mistake (12000 not 22000) but couldn't edit it. It's just I expected a "boost" of more than 1000kb download from adding fibre boost.TT's estimate was 47000kb.

Highlighted
Community Star

OK, I have flagged this up to the support team so that they can have a look at things from their end, let's see what they advise.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi minguz

Your line is showing in sync at 51.2mb. Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie

Powered down for a full hour. Sync speeds remain as before but I now have a download speed of 47000-48000kb an increase of 10000-11000kb which I'm happy with. Thanks everyone for your help.

minguz 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi minguz

Thanks for keeping us updated, please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie 🙂