Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Speed Boost

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi,

My contract is "Faster Fibre", with "Fibre Speed Boost".

Is it possible to check "Fibre Speed Boost" is being correctly applied?

• The line syncs at a download rate of 49000 Kbps, but is capable of syncing at about 60000 Kbps. The rate does not seem to vary irrespective of the time of day, which almost looks as if it's being capped at just below 50000 Kbps. The SNR Margin is about 10 dB. Again this is pretty constant
  • I've tried both of the modems/routers I have with the same result; and the usual trick of switching them off for at least 30 mins to see if the line resyncs at a higher rate makes no difference.
  • There doesn't appear to be any obvious noise on the phone line.
  • For the last 5 days my modem/router has been  plugged into the test socket of the Mk4 faceplate.
  • Looking at my talktalk account, I can see "Fibre Speed Boost" logo there, but when I click on "manage my boosts", it does not show up.

Thanks

Diana

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

The speed boost is applied.   The Estimated speed range of the line is 39 - 63mb and the line is in sync at 49mb.

All line tests are clear so the line is performing as it should.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE