Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Speed Boost?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sightseer

I recently signed up for another 18 months for TalkTalk Faster Fibre, I also signed up for Fibre Speed Boost.

I can see the boost on my account under "Your flexible Broadband boosts" but my download and upload speeds haven't increased.

Is the boost actually enabled?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @gavinbrattan two things worth trying.

1 Check your sync speed if it is over 39999 yoou  are half way there

2 Try a 30 minute reboot this often works by resetting the profile and taking advantage of the boost.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Sightseer
Thanks for the reply.

I tried a 30 minute reboot but nothing seemed to change. I guess I can't expect too much improvement given these figures?

Downstream Upstream
Actual Rate [Kbps] 32399 8359
Maximum Rate [Kbps] 43734 8359
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi  @gavinbrattan thanks for the information. I think you do need the TT team on this as the sync details would suggest that the boost is a  waste of money.

Let's see what the guys say,they are very good!

D

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

All line tests are clear, but the sync speed is lower than it should be, and the profile is set low.

I can see a lot of drops.  I've a new router on the way so this can be ruled out.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES