cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre availability - BT offer, TalkTalk not - can I expect it to come soon?

ANSWERED
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hey all,

According to OpenReach fibre checker, fast fibre is available in my area (and indeed BT offer it and some of my neighbours have it), but TalkTalk do not offer it. It is a recent upgrade as the engineers were only here a few months ago. I am wondering if I can take it as read that TalkTalk will offer it eventually, does anyone have any experience in that matter? What sort of lag is there typically between the infrastructure being put it and TT picking up on that?

I did talk to a customer support person, but they didn't know.

Cheers!

Community Star
Solution

Hi @CapCluke 

If Openreach have installed fibre to the cabinet FTTC or a full-fibre or Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) installation, you can find out more from Openreach here.

There is a delay between a fibre install and it being available from TalkTalk as there's a cablelink upgrade in the exchange needed. TalkTalk broadband availability checker is here.

But if it is an FTTP development then right now TalkTalk are not quite ready to resell Openreach FTTP. But the good news is TalkTalk have confirmed in their Q1 financial briefing on 17th July that they're on track to start reselling Openreach FTTP this Autumn (2019).

Either way, yes you can expect fibre offers from TalkTalk to come soon.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer