Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre broadband boost

7 REPLIES 7
Jan1971
First Timer

I upgraded my fibre and the go live date is today ,i have checked and there is no difference,my download speeds were 33 mb and they are still 33 mb 

I have tried restarting my router but that did nothing

ferguson
Community Star

When you say "download speeds" do you mean as shown on your router, or with a speedtest? Have you tried switching off your router for a full 30 minutes to allow the session at the DSLAM to reset? Only try this once. It may be later in the day before the upgrade takes effect. Or with a speed of 33 meg it may be that there is not actually much more that can be achieved, did you get an estimate at the time you ordered? Sorry for all the questions!

Jan1971
First Timer

Hi thanks for your help,the speed of 33 mb i measured on my xbox and i was promised speeds of up to 60 or 70 mb,i will try turning off my router for 30 minutes and see if that does the trick and talk talk have informed me my new speeds have supposedly already been activated and again thanks for your help

ferguson
Community Star

OK, keep us posted.

Jan1971
First Timer

No it made no difference download speeds still 32 or 33 mb 

ferguson
Community Star

OK, the Xbox will not be the most reliable indicator of speeds, what is your router showing as the connection rate?  Subject to that I have flagged this up to the TalkTalk support team to check things from their end, make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then give them a day or two to respond.

Jan1971
First Timer
Okay thanks for that i have recently been in touch with talk talk and they are sending me out a new router,if that doesnt work then i think it may be best to cancel the boost and just stick to fibre
Community Team

Hi Jan1971,

Thanks for the update and please let us know if you need any assistance via the Community.

Thanks