Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre broadband constantly disconnecting

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Chatterbox

My fibre connection keeps dropping, up to around 30 times a day at random. I've had engineers out, first one fixed faults on the line by fixing the socket. Second was sent to the exchange and everything was fine there. Third came out to test the line in the house and was given the all clear, minimal errors and reaching the right speeds. Engineer said fault must be in the hardware so he replaced the microfilter to rule that out. Talk talk then sent me a new router to see if that is the issue. Few days testing the new router and nothing has changed. I've had drop outs from day 1 of my live date however it's much worse recently. First few weeks of live date I only had drop outs maybe one day out of the week however it is now daily. Nobody seems to be able to fix this issue. 

Highlighted
Community Star

Please can you elaborate on a few points, so as I can try & help you:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it) and what firmware version is it running?
2. What is the exact status of the lights on the front of the router when this happens?
3. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Rob3rtstewart,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox
I have added my details thanks.
Highlighted
Chatterbox
It's a sagecom WiFi hub, the light will flash orange and I will have zero internet connection until it goes back to solid white. I don't use any wired connections just wireless.
Highlighted

Hi Rob3rtstewart,

I'm sorry but it looks as though we are going to need to book another engineer visit. If you'd like us to go ahead with the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also PM's you to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox
I accept the charges if it comes to that. Monday - Friday is best for me either AM or PM. I've also sent you a PM confirming my details. Thanks.
Highlighted

Thanks for getting back to me. So just to confirm, your available any day, any time slot next week and your OK for us to book the earliest available?

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Rob3rtstewart,

Can you confirm the above please (availability next week) and we'll arrange the engineer visit

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Yeah that's correct, earliest date possible would great. Thanks.
Highlighted

OK thanks. I'll let you know when I receive confirmation of the date and time slot booked

Chris

Highlighted

Our network team have booked the engineer visit for tomorrow June 25 2019, AM (08:00-13:00) please let us know how you get on

Chris