Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre broadband download speed 1.22Mbps

9 REPLIES 9
squeakvhargon
Chat Champion

Our broadband connection dropped for an hour or so between 2019-07-24 14:00:19 and 2019-07-24 15:30:22 and after 2019-07-24 17:00:39 the download speed has ranged from 1.22Mbps to 4.22Mbps.

Nothing has changed at our end.

I was curious about what the service status page would at: https://www.talktalk.co.uk/help/servicestatus/status-check/results. It said, "Good news—you've got a healthy broadband connection. Our health check on your service shows that your connection, speed and router are all working well."

Mmm.

For a log of speed test results please see https://twitter.com/aalbinclark_dev

Please restore our speed to the 20+Mbps download speed left to us by an OR engineer in June 2018.

Best wishes

Community Team

Hi squeakvhargon,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see a few re-connections on the line. Is the connection still unstable at the moment? Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line?

Thanks

kaspac
Participant

I have exactly same issues. I was told by Talk Talk consultant there is no fault on their end and this is caused by number of devices connected to the network :-). Even if I connect one I got same issue... solution? Book engineer to check it for a fee :-). Thanks God I got unlimited mobile data...

Community Team

Hi kaspac,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

squeakvhargon
Chat Champion

It must have been a temporary performance issue. The connection is stable and the download speed is fine now.

Community Team

Hi squeakvhargon,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

Lynn3
First Timer

I phoned the Tech desk and asked what my "minimum guaranteed" speed was supposed to be. Every customer has one. Mine is 68.1, but I'm getting 25.2 at the moment. Very slow and dropping out. My upload speed should be 9, but I'm only getting 5.2mps. The Tech people have checked for faults, and are now sending me out a new hub to solve the problem.

All customers should be informed of their minimum guaranteed speed. This is not the "up to" speed advertised.

Community Team

Hi Lynn3,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

kaspac
Participant
Hi,

I was away for over a week. Looks like speed has improved all of the sudden however is very unstable. During one test I’m getting 60 Mbps and after a while 20 Mbps or even less. I have left HG633 connected since last tests. Can you please re run your checks to see if anything can be improved before booking a engineer? Should I plug in newer router and keep it on HG633 for now?

Cheers,
Kat

Community Team

Hi kaspac

Please can you create your own thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie