cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre broadband download speed is getting slower

Community Team

Hi richc72

This line test can be completed straight away once I know the router is at the test socket.

If you would like to go ahead and arrange the engineer visit then please can you reply to my Personal Message.

Thanks

Debbie

brianc36
First Timer

I am the account holder for this issue raised by richc72. Please can you arrange the engineer visit with me. 

Community Team

Hi brianc36,

I've sent you a Personal Message to confirm some details in order to arrange an engineer visit.

Please do not post any personal information on the Community, reply via Personal Message (PM) only.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi brianc36

Thanks for the Private Message.

I've passed your availability for an engineer visit over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi brianc36

Our Network Team have now advised that a BT Openreach line engineer is already investigating this fault and we should receive further updates within the next 24hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

richc72
Participant

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the updates. The Openreach engineers were here at 9am this morning!

They reset the DLM and the router sync speed is now back up to 38 Mbps. However, the download speed at the computers is only 19 Mbps (using ethernet) so they said that there is a further issue for you to investigate, possibly a problem with the router?

Community Team

Hi richc72

Apologies, sometimes the line engineer will attend at the property once they have completed testing on the line.

Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes to see if the throughput speed increases following this?

Thanks

Debbie

richc72
Participant

Done. The download speed is now 36 Mbps - so back up to what it should be again. I think that has solved it. Many thanks for your assistance. I shall know where to come should we have the same kind of problem in the future.

Richard

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Richard

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie